Chapter 4

Insomnia is keeping me from sleeping, so I continue to toss and turn. For once, books and potoins aren't working. So, I have decided, I am going to the clearing with a hill in the middle of the forest. I pulled on some silver yoga pants with my dark blue tank top and my silver knit hoodie and grabbed my wand. I jumped out of my window, but didn't cry out. I've done this a million times and never gotten hurt, well, there was that time I broke my ankle, but that's in the past. Once I landed in the garden, in a bush, I heard a noise. " Who's there?" Silence is my only option. In the dim glow of the moon, I saw a figure of a boy. "Who are you?" he asked angrily. "I live here," I said coming out. Lucas sighed in relief. "So, where are we going?" Lucas asked me. I motioned for him follow me and climbed up the hill.

Minutes later, we were both on our backs with our hands behind our heads, staring at the stars. "What do you think Hogwarts will be like this year?" he whispered. " Well there's that Millenium Ball this year, so I don't know," I replied. " Do you think we'll need a date for the ball?"

Wow. That was sudden. Why would he need to know? Is he thinking about asking someone? He is! Merlin, she is very lucky. Did I actually think that? Do I like him? Well yeah I guess. He is kind and talented and smart and overall fun to be around. "Ariana?" Oops. Haven't said anything yet.

"I think that so, but I don't know. Why?"

"Um... If we have to have a date, will you go with me?"

Merlin. Merlin. Merlin. Merlin. Merlin. Play it cool!

"Yeah sure! Hanging out with friends? Should be really fun!"

Merlin! Why did I say that?