Chapter 2: Yuu thinks Mika deserved to save himself instead

This scene is where Yoichi is talking about how he wishes that he could've tried to save his sister and in which he blames himself for staying hidden and surviving

But then we notice a side of Yuu, who tells him that he did the right thing by not trying to save her and to just save himself.

I can't help but think that Yuu might be thinking about Mika at this moment. I mean, among the kids in the orphanage in chapter 1, Mika's really the only one that attempted to and did save another person besides himself. Of course, Yuu isn't a selfish person: in the scene at the top, he's not implying that he appreciates the fact that Mika benefitted Yuu so that the latter could save himself.

From my perspective, it's more likely Yuu was thinking something more along the lines of: "Mika should've just tried to save himself instead of someone like me, so he could be alive now."

"You would have just gotten yourself killed [for trying to save your sister]" is what Yuu says to Yoichi, which is what seemed to happen for Mika when he tried to save Yuu instead of himself. This part ends with "You did the right thing," at Yoichi for living.

Mika would've done the right thing in saving himself simply because, in Yuu's opinion, Mika deserves to live more than him.