Chapter 36; 13; 2; + 1: The Arm

Let's talk about Kagami's favorite body part to chop off: the arm.

It's reoccurring for the arm to be emphasized, especially cutting it off in battle. But what is the meaning behind this frequent forceful amputation, and what other meanings are there?

I did a minute of research about the meaning of the arm (thanks, Google!) and found something to directly quote:

"The arm denotes influence, power, means of support or conquest (biblestudytools.com)."

---------------

In chapter one, Ferid cuts off Mika's arm and stabs him in the chest after killing off all the other younger children. This shows how full of power this vampire is, in comparison to someone small like Mika.

Shown by the loss of an arm, Mika is powerless.

When he watches Yuu run off, it's noticeable that the bloody spot, where Mika's arm is missing, is flowing out in Yuu's direction

When he watches Yuu run off, it's noticeable that the bloody spot, where Mika's arm is missing, is flowing out in Yuu's direction. This loss of an arm could represent Mika losing Yuu, who was like a part of him through all these years. The literal wound in his chest, thanks to a certain murderer, could be metaphorical for a broken heart.

Let's move on to chapter two.

-----------------

Directly after the event in which Guren kills the vampire that snuck in the school, Yuu loses consciousness and has a dream.

That dream, of course, is related to his family.

Yuu repeatedly cries out for Mika (and only Mika), reaching an arm out

Yuu repeatedly cries out for Mika (and only Mika), reaching an arm out. Unfortunately, Yuu has no power in his dream.

On the bright side though, we all know Mika does come back in chapter 13.

----------------------

((Yay! The chapter in which the Mikayuu ship is born! LMAO))

Mika slices Ferid's arm off when the latter attempts to come in physical contact with Yuu.