Part 3

Ranger: You've improved.

It was another standard day in Beacon, another day of the daily routine of training with your team. The four of you had performed multiple formations that have been setup by the team leader, Ranger.

(Y/N): Thanks...

He gave you a friendly punch to the shoulder which didn't annoy you. The two girls left to get washed up, leaving you with the leader.

Ranger: Snow told me about what you've been doing the past few months.

(Y/N): I'm not going to stop...

Ranger: I don't expect you to.

You looked at him feeling confused by his words. Since he was the leader,  you would expect that he would be the one to scold you the most for such recklessness.

Ranger: You're probably more determine that anyone else to rise to the top. I'm not gonna lie, I'd probably do the same thing if I was in your shoes. So tell me,  is she really worth it?

Blushing in embarrassment,  you looked down to hide the tint of red that spread across your cheeks.

(Y/N): I-I don't know what you're talking about...

Ranger: Don't worry, it's a secret between our team. Plus it's pretty obvious to us whenever Weiss is around.

(Y/N): ... Yes.

Ranger: Ya know, everybody at this school refers to you as a dying flame waiting to be put out of its misery. To me, or rather us, you're still burning even after countless efforts. Keep doing whatever it is you're doing. 

After that, he left the training room to leave you alone with your thoughts. Minutes have passed and the sun had began to set as well as the training room beginning to close for the day. You took a deep sigh before deciding to leave the training room and prepare for another night of training.

Little did you know, that somebody was searching for you.

With Snow

The white haired Faunus had finished bathing and left the dorm after getting properly dressed. She figured that you would still be in the training room since you weren't exactly satisfies with a couple hours of team practice. Snow wanted to find you so that she may spend some time with you since she holds feelings for you.

Along the way, she bumped into Weiss who was currently wandering about.

Snow: Sorry!

Weiss: It's fine.

Snow: Hey,  have you seen (Y/N) around?

The heiress was annoyed by the mention of your name.

Weiss: No, I tend to keep my distance from that slacker!

This made the Faunus snap in anger although she kept herself tranquil. Time after time she had  to listen to the Schnee's rude comments about you and she even directly said those comments to you.

Snow: Why are you always insulting him?

Weiss: Because it's an insult to even have him around. Honestly, how is he even still here? I'm glad Ms. Goodwitch kept him permanently seated during combat class that way we don't have to see his performance.

Snow: You don't know anything about him! He's struggling to improve because people like you don't even understand his suffering! He's a kind heated person and he's never once showed any signs of giving up on this place!

Weiss: Hm. Why are you even defending him? Do you have feelings for him or something?

Snow: So what if I do?! It wouldn't even matter now because he's in love with you!

The words struck Weiss in an instant as Snow stormed off with tears in her eyes.

Back With You

It was currently night time,  the time that you had nearly endedyour usual training in the emerald forest. You had been under a harsh training session for nearly three hours so you were practically exhausted.

(Y/N): *pant* Can't... Stop now...

After a few seconds of slight resting, you got back on your feet and summoned your sword in your hand. After holding it up to your face, you held your position for moment before getting back to work.

You gracefully and skillfully swung swung your sword quite a few times before switching to your Dragoon Lance,  swinging it with both arms and even performing daring jump attacks. Lastly, you switched to your greatsword, giving out a few wide swings.

Snap!

The sound broke you out of your rythm and sent your greatsword back and switching to your broad sword.

(Y/N): Who's there?!

The intimidating words had no effect on the small pack of beowolves that slowly revealed themselves.

(Y/N): Great...

Meanwhile

Weiss was currently troubled as she sat on a bench that was located in Beacon's courtyard.

Snow; *in Weiss's thoughts* He's struggling to improve because people like you don't understand his suffering.

The heiress winced after recalling those exact words being played over and over in her mind. It brought a great amount of guilt. It was unbearable to endure since she had never realized how much you had to endure yourself. Hearing that you were in love with her was the last thing wanted to hear yet, she began to ponder about past incidences.

Weiss: How could I have been so cruel...

She was broken out of her thoughts when the sounds of metal being dragged across the floor slowly apporoached. Turning to the source of the noise, she was surprised to see you stumbling your way across the courtyard ground while dragging your spear. The blood stains on your clothes slowly grew from the amound blood that you have been losing.

Weiss: (Y/N)?

You didn't respond as you kept stumbling your way to your dorm. It was almost as if you didn't hear anything as blood kept dripping from your hands. Unable to continue watching,  Weiss moved in front of you.

Weiss: What happened to you? You're hurt!

She grabbed you by your shoulders to get your attention but she was horrified when she took a good look in your eyes. It was almost as if there were no signs of life.

Weiss: (Y/n)...

Tears were streaming down her cheeks as the guilt had finally taken over.

Weiss: What have I done?... You're not even conscious...

Instead of standing there to cry, she carefully led your unconscious body to the infirmiry so you can get medical attention.

Weiss: Follow me... We need to get you some help.

 To be continued...