Part 15

Ranger: What the hell happened here?

The three of you have entered the ruined city of Vale. It wasn't an easy sight to watch as you were walking past fallen buildings, destroyed roads,  and even fallen airships in the streets that were still burning.

Corona:  It isn't a coincidence that our homes have been attacked...

(Y/N): ... Let's just go find the others. Will you be alright, Corona?

Corona: Yes. We just need to move carefully to avoid my wounds reopening.

(Y/N): Don't worry, we'll be your shield.

Ranger: Yeah, let's go, I'm sure Weiss and Blake are worried for us.

You nodded as the three of you continued walking in the city, hoping to find anybody nearby or at least any signs of life.

ROOOAR

Beowolves and Creeps began to crawl from the buildings, making the three of you fall together in a defensive position. The numbers of Grimm were unbelievable because of the fact that they were practically surrounding all of you.

You and Ranger thought it was the end until a bright glow surrounded Corona, making the Grimm slowly retreat. Although they kept their distance until the light moved up and brought fourth white beams of light that decimated the Grimm.

You two were surprise by the display of power as the orange haired teen fell to her knees while heavily breathing.

Corona: ... I may have used too much...

You helped her back onto her feet as she finished catching her breath.

Ranger: What did they teach you back there?

Corona: Holy spells to banish Grimm and healing arts to treat others or ourselves as well as ridding diseases. Only those that have been gifted are allowed to learn from the monastery.

Both of you were impressed by her abilities but there was still much to be done. That is until a group Nevermores landed in front of you three.

Ranger: Inside the building!

All of you followed the leader of your team inside a recently abandoned building. One of the large birds stuck it's head inside the door to make an attempt to catch at least one of you but it eventually retreated.

Another Grimm tried to make its way inside through the window but it failed as well.

(Y/N): They have us cornered...

ROOOAAARR

Ranger: ... Sounds like they brought reinforcements...

The team leader looked around to find something they can use but all he could find was a back room since the building was a store. Taking a moment to think,  he dropped his bag and brought out a small set of explosives.

CRASH!!

The door broke down with the wall crumbling to allow a few alpha beowolves inside with the Nevermores behind.

Ranger: Back room!

Every one of you made a beak for it to the room, with you and Corona safely making it inside. Although, the door shut behind you without Ranger with you,  in fact he was the one who closed it off but not before throwing his backpack and sniper inside.