Part 9

It was the day of the dance and everybody was in a good mood since there were no classes for the students to prepare. They were excited to attend the dance, everybody except for you. 

A week has passed since that day and you were still in great pain. You were told numerous times by other classmates to simple move on but they could never understand what you experienced. Just the thought of Snow dying in your arms wasn't easy to simply forget, especially when you knew that you were powerless to save her.

You're team have already coped with the events but they dearly miss her as much as you, at least they didn't have to suffer just as much. More importantly, you weren't suffering as much thanks to your friends doing their best to help. Currently, Ranger was probably still trying to clear his mind and Joanna mentioned something about going to Vale with Mercury.

At the moment, you were currently using the training room to clear your head as well as catching up on your training. Throughout the week you have grown quite proficient with Snow's Kukris in a short amount of time. It was odd, normally it would have taken you quite some time to even learn to get used to the weapons but something allowed you to learn the weapons much faster. Perhaps the legend Salem has told you was true,  the Muramasa Blade has given you better swordsman skills.

Weiss: Oh, I uh wasn't expecting to see you here.

The sound of Weiss's voice surprised you as the kukris vanished from your hands. You weren't exactly sure if she was speaking to you or to somebody else since there is only a few people present in the room.

Still, you turne around to find the heiress approaching. It was still confusing since she used to treat  with such animosity. Then again, this was the reason that you had fallen for her in the first place, for the gentle side of her. Although you still wanted answers because it seemed as though sympathy wasn't the reason for her to suddenly act nice to you.

(Y/N): Why are you sudden so intent on speaking with me?

Weiss: W-well you see... Do you think we can speak somewhere else?

(Y/N): Okay.

The two of you exited the training room and walked across the halls. People were giving you odd looks since they were aware of the fact that Weiss was one of the individuals that laughed at you. Eventually, the two of you arrived at the same spot that you usually retreat to so you may avoid any comversations.

Weiss: Listen, I wanted to apologize... About the way I acted towards you...

(Y/N): I don't understand... Why now of all times?

She looked down when she remembered that night.

Weiss: Before you were sent to the hospital, I was an argument with Snow. She said something to me that shocked me. Afterwards, I was in the courtyard at night thinking about what she had said until... I saw you walking... You were unconscious... I never realized that you were trying to improve. Even after all of the suffering...

(Y/N): So that's how I ended up in the hospital...

Next thing you knew, Weiss gently placed a hand on your shoulder.

Weiss: I know that you're still in a great amount of pain so please know that I'll always be here for you.

Elsewhere

Joanna: You didn't have to go through all of this trouble just for the both us to spend the day.

The female Arc was currently walking along the streets of Vale with a certain individual who was know as Mercury. 

Mercury: Don't worry about it. I know we have the dance to look forward to but you look like you needed something to clear your head beforehand.

The blonde lightly blushed knowing that he was willing to cheer her up.

???: Joanna!

Said person recognized the voice as she suddenly blinked to find somebody that wasn't supposed to be there.

Mercury: What's the matter?

Joanna: I-it's nothing... 

Mercury: Come on, you can tell me.

Joanna: ... I thought I saw Snow standing there.

???: Joanna~

There it was again, the voice of her deceased friend. This time she found Snow waving at her before the strange occursnce ran into an alleyway. The blonde wasn't exactly sure how to react but she ran after the white haired teen in hopes that it really was her. 

Joanna: Snow?

She walked slowly in the creepy alley to find her friend but she was nowhere in sight, especially when she neared a dead end. Her response was given when the supposed deceased Faunus landed right in front of her.

Joanna: Is that really you?

Snow simply smiled at the person she once looked at as a sister.

Snow: Could you pass on a message for me?

Joanna: I don't understand. What kind of message?

The female Arc felt a few light taps on her shoulder. She turned around to find a woman with pink and brown hair standing next to Cinder, who had a sinister grin. Joanna immediately recognized both of them, one was apparently a student from Haven, in fact she arrived with Merciry. Meanwhile the multi hair colored woman was the person that you had described to have been the one that murdered Snow.

Cinder: The message is very simple~

Cinder's hand was coated in an intense flame while Neo suddenly vanished and reappeared behind the Arc.

Cinder: But in order for that to happen, you need to be dead.

Joanna was frightened as she made an attempt to back away but she suddenly felt a sharp sting through her chest.

 Cinder: Only one remains before he can be broken~

It was the last thing your team mate heard before she let the darkness suddenly take over.

To be continued...