Part 14

The smell of smoke entered the nostrils of Corona as she was beginning to awake from a dream. That is until she had realized where the source of the smoke was supposed to come from and she immediately rose up from her spot.

Ranger: Ah, she's awake.

Corona: What?!

She was currently agitated by the smoke until she discovered that it came from a camp fire.

(Y/N): Easy now. You shouldn't move so suddenly.

Corona: But I- argghhh!!!

She fell on her back when a sudden pain radiated throughout her torso.

(Y/N): You're still injured. We're not exactly medics but we at least stopped the bleeding.

Corona: ... How long have I been out?

Ranger: Cinco horas.

She was confused by your friend's response.

Corona: ... What?

(Y/N): Five hours.

She rose up quickly once again by the answers.

Corona: Five hou- AAARRGG!!!

Of course, her injuries radiated a lot of pain from her sudden movements so she immediately fell back screaming. The yell of pain eventually turned into sobs as she remembered what had happened enforce she passed out.

Corona: W-what happened to the-

(Y/N): ... It's been burned to the ground... I'm sorry... We tried looking for any other survivors but they're all gone...

The orange haired teen continued to weep for her home, it was the only place she had and it was taken from her.

Corona: M-my friends... I'm so sorry... I couldn't save you...

The priestess eventually cried herself to sleep, the exhaustion from the events that had happen began to take its toll. You felt sympathy for her, knowing that you had been in the same situation where you had lost somebody important.

Two Hours Later

(Y/N): You still can't signal on your scroll?

Ranger: Nah, how about you?

(Y/N): Same... Great...

Ranger: Given the current situation, it my take us longer than three hours to get back to Vale. Depends on how bad her injuries really are, you may have to carry her all the way back to the hospital.

(Y/N): Sounds fair, since you're carrying the equipment,

Corona slowly opened her eyes from the conversation that was held between you and Ranger. She continued to feel sorrow about the loss I her home but she knew that there was no bringing them back.

Corona: ... I can walk...

The both of you looked at the weakened girl who was slowly rising from the sleeping bag that Ranger had provided.

Corona: ... Where's my staff?

Ranger reached beside him to bring fourth a stuff but it wasn't hers.

Ranger: I'm not sure of this is yours but we found this before the building collapsed.

The orange eyes girl recognized the black and white ribbons as well as the a crescent moon carved near the tip.

Corona: .. It belonged to my friend... Her name was Luna,  she was like a sister to me... Thank you for recovering this...

She gladly took the staff and began to focus her energy sit the catalyst until a white aura surrounded her entire body. The aura faded after a minute until she released the spell and grew weary.