Part 8

(Y/N): .... 

You were currentt sitting on the cliff overlooking the Emerald Forest. The time was in the middle of the day as you simply awaited the day to end. For the most part, you were still greatly depressed about the events that occured a few days ago. Just the memory of it brought great pain into your heart.

Flashback

Knock! Knock!

Velvet opened the door to find you standing outside of her team's dorm. She gasped after discovering that you were still wounded with blood stains on your clothes, even the blood from your mouth was difficult to look at.

Velvet: (Y/N)! What happened to you?! Why are you covered in blood?!

(Y/N): ... Half of it isn't mine....

Velvet: What are you saying?! 

You simply looked down knowing what you were going to say.

Velvet: W-what's wrong?

(Y/N): ... I-I'm sorry... I couldn't save her...

A feeling unease menu spread throughout the brown haired Faunus as she heard your words.

Velvet: ... What do you mean?

Your hands shook as you were trying to answer her but the fresh memory is keeping you from speaking a word. Eventually,  you fell to your knees while tears began to trail from your eyes.

(Y/N): S-snow... She's gone...

Velvet placed a hand over mouth after hearing the news. She didn't want to believe what you had said but with the way you had arrived, she knew it was the truth. So she bolted out of her dorm to confirm your story while you continued to silently cry.

Flashback end

(Y/N): ... I should have been the one instead of her...

The sounds of soft footsteps approached from behind as you sat on the cliff side. You could care less as to who is approaching, all you simply wanted was for the day to end so you can continue your life. Although, leaving this place was something you had thought about after Snow's death.

The new arrival was hesitant but eventually reached the spot next to you and took a seat.

Weiss: ... Hey...

(Y/N): .....

It was difficult for you to respond. In fact, you rarely spoke to anybody the past few days in Beacon. You simply shut away the rest of the world since none of them didn't care about the loss of their own  lass mate. Only people that seemed to care were Teams RWBY, JNPR, CFVY, and of course your team.

Weiss: I-it was difficult to find you...

Of course, you continued to remain quiet from the heiress.

Weiss: ... I'm sorry about Snow...

(Y/N): ... Don't be...

The white haired teen felt a small sense of accomplishment after getting you to speak,  especially since the events of that day devestated you the most. Even so, she knew that you were in great pain and she wanted to help you.

(Y/N): before she died... She told me her feelings... It made me realize why she was much more attached to me than the others... I'm a fool for never noticing how she really felt.

Weiss felt a wave of guilt after hearing your words, especially when she was currently in the same situation. Perhaps she was a fool for never giving you a chance to get to know you instead of blindly giving up on you.

She was caught by surprise when you decided to stand on your feet.

(Y/N): ... I'll be going now...

You then left to return to Beacon.

Ten Minutes Later

You walked along the halls of the Dormitory wing to return to your room. There were a few people moving out of the way, some of them were giving sympathetic looks while others were simply going about their day.

Finally, after arriving at your dorm, you entered to find the room empty. There was no doubt that the others were still having trouble coping with the fact that they had lost their friend. Ranger was probably trying to clear his mind by visiting the shooting range in the academy while Joanna is with her brother's team.

Knock! Knock!

You turned around to the light knocking and found Velvet in the open doorway,  she was holding a small box.

Velvet: Hey...

(Y/N): You're back...

Velvet: Yeah... She's resting peacefully, now.

The rabbit faunus placed the box on the desk near you and opened it to reveal Snow's kukris.

Velvet: My parents said I should be the ones to keep her weapons but... I think you think you should have them.

(Y/N): ... I can't accept them...

She grew silent for a little bit before placing a her hand on your shoulder.

Velvet: ... Please take them... She'd want you to use them... After all, she always talked about you.

Snow: Please? Do it for me?

You were shocked when Snow suddenly appeared behind her sister, smiling at you but the she vanished after a few seconds. You let out a sigh of defeat before nodding to the older sibling.

(Y/N): Okay...

The blades suddenly lifted themselves from their cushion and shot themselves toward you before disappearing. Velvet was absolutely surprised at the sudden display as a collection of weapons revealed themselves before her very eyes. They quickly circles around you before slowly stopping and vanishing once again.

Velvet: *in thought* Amazing! Now wonder Snow spoke so highly of him!

Meanwhile, the heiress was watching from outside the door, she is also amazed by your collection and semblance. It was odd, she had never seen you use the other weapons yet you mainly stuck with the sword and spear.

Her intentions were to continue to aid you in your time of need but it seems that you weren't to be disturbed at this point because it looked as if you were about to break down, once again.

Weiss: *in thought* Is this the light that she was talking about?

To be continued...