Part 10

Introducing a new OC in this chapter btw. Well not introducing but hinting for one that may appear in other future RWBY fics by me.

It was currently the night of the dance and everybody was excited to attend the ball. Of course, you weren't going since it wouldn't feel right at the moment, especially with the team down one less member and another seems to be missing. It worried you knowing that Joanna hasn't been seen throughout the whole day, perhaps she had spent the entire day with whoever she was with. If only you can remember who it was.

At the moment, you were in your room causally laying there while Ranger was showering in the bathroom to prepare for the dance. The sounds of the running stopped signified that he was finished and is currently getting himself dressed.

After a few minutes, he walked out of the bathroom wearing a black tuxedo.

Ranger: You sure you don't wanna go?

(Y/N): Yeah, I'm fine.

Ranger: *sigh* Come on,man. don't make me beg for you to go. You're like a brother to me, I wouldn't want to leave you behind like this.

(Y/N): ... Don't worry about me.

Ranger: ... Fine, but if you do end up somehow changing your mind. There's a spare tuxedo in the closet, just in case.

(Y/N): ... Right...

He took another sigh before leaving the room to meet with his date.

As you continued to sit there with your eyes closed, you drifted off to sleep as the soothing silence allowed your sleepiness to set in.

With Weiss

Currently, the heiress was making her way to your team dorm to check in on you and hope that you were willing to go to the dance. Of course, she was already in her white dress and prepared for the event. It was rather odd, at first she had thought of it as a way to help you ease your suffering of past events but for some reason, she had begun to think that perhaps she might have grown attached to you. It wasn't out of pity, it wasn't because of her guilt, and it wasn't to simply get the situation over with.

The past week of speaking with you had let her get to know you much better as to who you really were as a person.

Weiss: *in thought* He was just lonely and afraid this whole time... Perhaps if I treated him better in the beginning, then maybe things would have been different... After all, i knew what it was like to be alone...

After a few minutes of walking, she saw Ranger walking towards the way she came from.

Ranger: Oh, kinda rare to see you in these parts.

Weiss: Yeah... Is (Y/N) in your dorm?

Ranger: He is, but good luck trying to get him out. Even I can't get him to leave for the dance.

Weiss: I-I see... Well thanks but I'll see what I can do.

The leader of your team simply smiled.

Ranger: Right, well like I said good luck...

Weiss nodded as she was about to continue along the way but Ranger placed a hand on her shoulder.

Ranger: Listen, I'm not sure why you're suddenly being nice to him but... Thank you... For being there for him... Snow's death hit him more than you think. He's pretty much like a brother to me and it pains me knowing that I can barely do anything to help him... So please...

Weiss: Don't worry, you just hurry to our dorm, Blake is waiting for you.

Ranger removed his hand before nodding and leaving to allow Weiss to continue making her way to your team's dorm.