XV

Please note that none of the chapters are edited at all.

Sorry for such a wait, but this chapter is much longer than the last. I was going to make it longer, but figured I may as well drag it on a little more... Enjoy.

ISABELLE

The scene unfolding in front of me was one I would normally despise, and yet I watched in amusement as the boy at the counter flirted shamelessly with my mate, who was completely oblivious. It was that or she was purposely avoiding his efforts, but I knew Jada enough to know she was almost always straight with people. Well, straight with everyone but me. Pardon the double meaning.

He wasn't a boy, but a man, maybe a year or two older than Jada was. He had a 5 o'clock shadow across his sharp features, and his plush lips were curled into a graceful smile. She was ordering her food, eyes trained on the menu. This didn't seem to bother him one bit.

"What fry sizes do you offer?" She asked, moving her piercing gaze toward the brunette.

He grinned. "We have regular and large."

She pondered the thought for a second, and then asked, "And how big are those?"

He dipped below the counter and rustled around for a few seconds before straightening out. He placed two fry packages on the counter and watched my mate eye them briefly. Unfortunately for him, her gaze turned to me instead. "Do you want to share a large, or do you want your own?"

I sent a victorious smirk to the man, but he only smiled politely at me. "We can share a large," I told her. She didn't wait before turning around and ordering both our meals. The man typed in our things and asked if she wanted anything else. She declined, but thanked him kindly.

"I'm Colin," he introduced to her when I stepped forward to insert my card into the machine. I wasn't looking at their expressions, but I hoped Jada scowled at him, though my hopes were relatively far fetched.

"I know," she responded simply.

"Uh..." Colin paused. Jada took this as a moment to laugh and point to his nametag. He followed her finger and then flushed. "Oh, sorry!"

She laughed gently again, and shook her head, "It's alright. I'm Jada."

He extended his hand forward just as the receipt began to print. I held a victory dance in my head, assuming he would take his hand away to grab it, but he didn't. Jada only reached forward to shake his hand and he grinned at her.

He handed me the receipt and handed Jada our number that would be called when the food is ready. He opened his mouth to speak, but I had a feeling I knew what was coming, and my wolf, who'd just made an abrupt appearance, was growing agitated. I pulled Jada close to me and pressed my lips against her temple gently. I felt her relax under my palms, barely noticeable, but my wolf howled in agreement.

Her hand, which had gripped my arm that was wrapped around her waist, tightened its grip. "Baby, can you find us a booth while I grab napkins and such?" I purred. I didn't dare glance at Colin, and neither did Jada.

She sent me a sharp look but nodded. "Of course, sweetheart."

It wasn't until after she'd moved to find a booth that I turned to look at Colin, my eyebrows perked up questioningly. He looked flustered as he gaped at me, "I-I didn't realize, I'm sorry! Oh my-"

"It's fine," I cut him off, "but that's my woman, and I really didn't appreciate watching you flirt with her, even if you weren't aware."

I walked away towards the table that had the napkins, straws, and condiments. I grabbed all the necessities and found Jada at a booth at the window. She was watching the streets outside, looking lost in thought.