XVII

This is potentially the shittiest chapter I've ever written- especially in such a large time frame. But it's mostly a filler, and the next chapter could only happen if this happened, etc.

Sorry for such a long wait, my loves!

Enjoy

JADA WARREN

It was safe to say that an easy relationship between Isabelle and I was nonexistent.

In fact, any relationship between us was nonexistent now.

Dinner last night had gone well. To further embarrass Isaac, Julian had gotten down on one knee during dessert and asked him if he could be his- officially. Isaac's face had darkened to an almost unbelievable shade of red, and he threw himself beside Julian and kissed him right on the mouth.

It was inexplicable to see; Isaac clutching the collar of Julian's suit and holding him close, Julian with his muscular arms wrapped around the smaller boy's frame. They were so lost in each other's embrace they barely noticed when the waiter came over and threatened to kick us out of the restaurant.

Dinner continued great, we shared champagne, ate our weight in dessert, and spoke until the early hours of the morning. We all got in the elevator together, everything going smoothly, until we reached our rooms.

Isaac had his back turned to us as he put his key card in the slot. Julian, looking more awake than he ever had, slid over and wrapped his arms around the boy from behind. He whispered something into his ear and kissed the side of Isaac's temple before stepping away.

The very second Isabelle and I entered our room, she'd pressed me up against the wall and hungrily smashed her lips against mine. The kiss was very similar to the first one we'd shared almost a month prior, equally as angry, and yet, the way she kissed me was more rough, more demanding.

When I'd pushed her away, her eyes were blazing. Apparently, she wasn't happy with how easy it was for Isaac and Julian to be so unflustered by their relationship; how simple they made it seem. And, apparently, she was not happy with my response.

"Julian wants that sort of thing! He hasn't had any ounce of emotional peace since his fiancée died! He has been on countless dates, he tried so desperately to fill what hole Delilah had left, and Isaac is the only person who makes him feel whole again. In two years, no one has made him smile like that, not even myself. He wants that!"

Isabelle stared at me, the anger so obvious in her eyes that the green burned like an unforgiving forest fire. "And you're saying you don't want this sort of thing? You don't want me?"

"I never said that. But don't be disappointed because I'm not Julian, we are not the same person, and we do not want the exact same things. If you want him so bad, be with him, then. But good luck trying to get that boy to look at anyone but Isaac!" I remarked angrily.

"I don't want Julian, I want you! But clearly, you'd rather dig your own goddamn grave than be with a woman who has put so much on the line to be with you," Isabelle growled out, her voice raising ever so slightly. We'd been aware of the tone of our voices, not wanting to disturb any of our friends, but the thought was quickly slipping.

"Oh, right," I laughed sarcastically. "You've completely put so much on the line for me. Please. You don't want to be with me either, Isabelle. The bond wants to be with me. You fucking werewolves believe that mates are the most important thing in the world, but they're not. Unlike you, I can live without one."

"Bullshit! You have no idea how werewolf beliefs work, because you've never fucking tried to get to know one, since you think you're so fucking high and mighty."