XXI

Updates will hopefully not slow down as we are veering into the last ten or so chapters of Rightfully Hers, but school begins again next week and my job picks up quite a lot as well so I'll be incredibly busy until everything settles. Don't be afraid to leave comments, I love reading them. I'm also looking for a new book cover but as I lack both skill and the time, I'd appreciate anyone who'd be willing and interested in making one. You would get full credit, of course (: Thank you, and enjoy chapter 21.

ISABELLE SINCLAIR

"Where the fuck is she?" I roared. Every single person at the conference table shrunk their shoulders in some weak attempt to hide themselves from me. "Where. The. Fuck. Is. Jada. Warren? Anyone? Or are all of you incapable of doing your fucking jobs? I told you to find her three fucking hours ago! Why is she not here? Why does no one know where she is?"

"Iz, I think you need to calm down..." Cass mumbled from my right side. My Wolf howled in my head, begging to shift and assert my dominance over my Beta right there. Shaking, I shifted my glare over to her.

"You better think before opening your mouth again, unless you want the Beta position to be taken from you." I was seeing red, but I saw enough to see her slouch against the back of her seat, and I saw Dante lean forward to rub her right shoulder comfortingly. I had to rip my eyes away before I really lost it.

"We are going off of a shoulder pain here, Alpha," Caleb spoke up, looking irritated. "You cannot be sure that is Jada's pain. Even if it were, isn't there a possibility she just hit her shoulder on something?"

"Are you questioning my authority? I knew damn well what claws feel like against human skin, Caleb. She did not fucking bump her shoulder on something. That bastard took her. He fucking took her. I hope he enjoys the next few hours, because they are going to be his last."

Three knocks sounded against the conference room door, silencing all the talk that surrounded the room. Knowing the walls were sound proof, I could not call for them to enter, but the pack member opened the door and politely bowed in my direction. "Alpha Sinclair, this letter has been delivered exactly on the territory line. One of the wolves on duty sensed it passing border line and collected it. It is for you, Alpha."

I quickly sped across the room, shooed the member out, and slammed the door behind me. Waving the note in the air, I made eye contact with every member in the room. "Does anyone think this is a fucking mortgage? A water bill? A message from long lost relatives, perhaps? Or, do you fucktards think, maybe, possibly, this is a fucking ransom note?"

No one uttered a word, and they were smart not to. I sped over to my original spot at the end of the table and I ripped open the note. As I expected, the note was handwritten and smudged with blood. Blood I knew was not Jared's, not anyone on his team's. It was Jada's.

Alpha Sinclair,

You must think me stupid if you did not expect me to do research on the packs I visit. Jada is exceptionally beautiful, don't you agree? Of course you would, being her mate, after all. I simply cannot believe I get to kill two birds with one stone. You situation is incredibly convenient for me.

She sure has a mouth on her, wouldn't you say? Quite the snarky one. None of the other women I've killed had that much confidence, I will give it to her. The things that mouth could do, but I'm sure you would know that. I hope I get to find out.

Let's play a game, Isabelle. This has been far too easy for me, and frankly, I'm quite bored. I will give you my location, the location in which I hold your mate, but you must bring my niece with you. She is almost five, is she not? Does she have her father's hair? Or his eyes? You don't have to answer that, I know she does. I know those baby blues anywhere.