September 16, 2016

Grace needed to print a lab for physics and grab a book for an English project, so we decided to eat lunch at the library today. We stopped by the snack bar, ordered some food—cheeseburger and fries for Grace, quesadilla for me—and then claimed a spot at one of the many tables spread throughout the first floor.

They burned my quesadilla. Damn Wellington and their crappy food.

About ten minutes into our lunch, the fidgeting began. I gave her a minute or two to wriggle uncomfortably before I began prodding. It took a bit more than it did for her to admit she had feelings for Julia, but, like last time, she eventually spilled.

"Julia asked me out," she said, and, just like that, a huge grin emerged.

This commenced a long ramble about a bunch of things that make Julia great. To be honest, I blanked out for a good chunk of it. I was just happy to see Grace so happy. I mean, she's a cheerful person by nature, but it's rare to see her so free of life's burdens.

"When's the date?" I asked once she was finished.

Grace smiled. "Tomorrow night."

I've never met Julia, but I'm thankful for her existence. I just hope she continues to make Grace as happy as she did today.