October 26, 2016

I visited Grace today.

She was in a room filled with other patients who were doing a variety of things. When I entered the room, I half expected to find her mingling with at least a dozen people. Instead, I found her sitting in one of the chairs, her arms wrapped around her legs and her eyes aimed at the wall, a smile nowhere in sight.

It killed me, seeing her like that. Knowing that the smile she loved to wear and people loved to see had been ripped away. And it only fueled my rage.

If there was any doubt that Julia needs to pay for she's done, it's gone now.

"I'm going to get you out of here," I said when it was nearing my time to go. I didn't plan on telling her anything, but, god, I just wanted to raise her spirits, even if only a little.

And it worked. Hope flickered in her face. "How?"

"I'm going to get Julia to confess."

I didn't tell her anything else. Not about my plan to ruin Julia's life. Not about any of the ideas already circling in my head, ready to be put into action. When she asked for more info, I just looked at her, smiled, and said, "I'm going to talk to her."

It's not a lie. I will talk to her. But first, I need to make sure she knows I'm serious and that she pays for her crime.

So, first thing first: her friends.

Julia stole my friend, so why shouldn't I steal hers? It's only fair.

Doing this won't be easy, I know. Julia has tricked them all into thinking she's a decent person, so slicing through their loyalty won't be a simple task. They're not going to listen to a stranger talking smack about their best friend.

So I'm going to have to integrate into their group. Earn their trust, learn their insecurities. And then I'll turn them against her.