December 9, 2016

I didn't sleep at all last night. All I could see was Grace's disappointed face as Julia told her everything I'd done.

God. I hate that she managed to dig herself so deeply under my skin with a single question.

I skipped my classes and took a trip to Maia's dorm building. There's a kid who lives on the first floor that has a reputation for spending a great deal of his time high on weed; and while I typically don't have anything to do with that crowd, today I was in need of his services.

He was there, thankfully, and didn't even ask for money for the blunts he handed to me. "For you, babe, they're free."

Gross. But, hey, I didn't have to spend any money, so that's a win.

I made a quick journey to the gym, where I knew Julia would be in the middle of her dance practice. This meant that her bag would be in one of the lockers, ready for the blunts to happen to find themselves inside.

I found her bag where I knew I would—in locker number 6. "Seven is a lucky number for most people, but for me, it's number six," I remembered her saying.

After that, all I had to do was make a call.

It went like this: "Hello? Yeah, I don't know who exactly I'm supposed to be calling about this, but there's this girl that just tried to give me marijuana, and she was like really pushy about it? It made me uncomfortable, and I felt like I had to tell someone, you know?"

They asked who the student was.

"Julia Woods."