November 3, 2016

It's been a week, and they're already acting like I've been their friend forever. I'm invited to all of their outings, I'm friends with all of them on Facebook, and have even been added to their group chat.

The number of notifications I receive from that single group chat is insane and extremely irritating. But it's so useful that it's worth it.

They talk about everything on there. They comfort Maia when she's dealing with Marc. Encourage Chantel when she's not feeling very confident in something—which is pretty much all the time. Talk Taylor out of doing reckless things when she's bored. Cheer each other on when they accomplish things. Discuss group outings. And so much more that my mind is blanking on.

Despite the fact that I don't care much about their drama, I do my best to reply as soon as possible and with enthusiastic responses. I can't exactly gain their trust if I do nothing to earn it.

Their niceness is a little off-putting. It would be easier to hurt them if they were snakes, like Julia. I try to pretend that they are, just to make myself feel better. It doesn't really work, but whatever. This is something I need to go through with. Grace didn't deserve what happened to her, either. If Julia's friends need to burn in the crossfire, then that's the way it has to be.