October 25, 2016

I can't do this anymore.

I can't just sit here, going to classes, going to work, trying to act like everything is normal, like Grace hasn't been locked away because her girlfriend betrayed her. I can't keep walking around campus and seeing Julia laugh with her friends, happy as can be, while my sister is trapped in a place she doesn't belong.

Julia looks so victorious, too. Like she could conquer the world with just a smile.

I want to tear that smile from her face. I want to take everything from her.

I finally saw her boyfriend today. I'm assuming he's her boyfriend, anyway, since they were holding hands. Though, for all I know, this is one of the many guys and girls she's claiming to be steady with. If she could do it to Grace, why not to him?

They were studying in the library, in the same spot that Grace and I ate lunch the day she told me about Julia, and it was all I could do not to chuck the book I had in my hands at her face.

Watching them together...something inside me snapped.

I can't let her get away with this. I can't. She tore down the one thing I had in my life that was good. She destroyed my best friend and doesn't even care that she did it.

She needs to pay. And by the time I'm done with her, she'll wish she never decided to mess with Grace Adams' heart.