Chapter 13: Ghost girl and the Invitation

Veronica P.O.V

I was an angel? Me? I remember as a kid I used to be such an ignorant kid. So ignorant I was bullied. The boys teased me and the girl shoved me around. As cliche as it sounds it's true. The only ones who defended me was the 4 boys. We were childhood friends, always sticking together. But then I lost them. I don't know how, they just disappeared one day.

I went to every adult asking for the boys but the teachers stared at me like I was a psycho. My parents had no idea either. But then I gave it up. Maybe I really was crazy.

But now I would never see them again. They gave up their life to protect me. What did I do? Waste it all. They were more valuable then I could ever be. So why?

I knew for a fact, I would find the murderer and make him pay. No matter the consequences.

I stood up from the bench and looked around me. Everything seemed....brighter.

I was about to go back to sleep when I suddenly remembered school. I quickly grabbed my stuff and made a run for it. I checked the big city clock and saw I could make it.

By the time I got to school, I saw my three friends gesturing me. I ran over and smiled.

"You know Veronica, you should probably rent somewhere to live. I would offer you a place but I don't have space." Jack said.

I laughed but told him it was okay. All of a sudden, Ray stood up. " erotica can come live with me!" He yelled excitingly.

All three of us gaped at Ray. "Umm sorry. I just had a real good idea." He said blushing.

I quickly shook my head. "It's okay Ray you really don't need to do this." But Ray wasn't listening. "Come on let's talk about it at lunch."

I nodded and followed the three to lunch. But when we walked in, there was a crowd surrounding one table.

The 4 of us avoided the area and sat down before pulling out our lunches. "Veronica, you see, I'm rich, so I have enough room, and I live with a roommate so they won't bother you or be bothered. Plus it's free since the place is cheap."

I stared at Jack and Cole who only shrugged. "And you'll be doing me a favor." Said Ray with a wink. I was speechless.
So I just smiled and nodded.

Ray smiled happily as he sat down to eat his lunch.