Chapter 19: Ghost girl and the Confessions

Jack's P.O.V

It was strangely awakened at school the next day. With finals unexpectedly hitting us from behind, everybody was stressed out.

Even Veronica. She hadn't been here the whole year, so she missed out on a lot. Probably since she was a.....

Yup. We knew. The strange guy Joseph actually told us. None of us believed it, and I'm not sure we ever will.

My shift at the store was today and I know Veronica would have to show up to. I waited patiently for my group.

One by one they all showed up. Veronica last. Cole first.

We all greeted each other before walking into the school gates. I somehow knew all of us were staring at Veronica, trying to figure out if it was all true.

She kept on staring at something and making random expressions, which alarmed us.
But as she turned to look at us, her expression changes to a dissapointed look. We all knew why. Ugh finals.

Ray and Cole actually seemed kind of accepting. They laughed along and talked quite normally.

I felt as though the Veronica we first met had changed somehow. At first she seemed like a crybaby that was so unnaturally naive, but now she seems more..... confident.

But it didn't make me change the way I felt about her. I couldn't take it anymore. As the group separated, I followed Veronica into the class we shared.

I tapped my pencil on the desk and smiled at her. "Let's talk." I said before focusing back on the class.

Veronica just tilted her head before nodding.

History was probably the worst thing right now. Hours of slavery flooded into my poor mind. And at the minute class was done, I grabbed Veronica's hand and made my way to the cafeteria.

Our school's cafeteria was more like a café, with cushioned benches and umbrellas attached to the tables. Basically, it was the most romantic place to be.

I looked at Veronica before smiling. "V-Veronica. I-I lo- love you." I said before looking down immediately.

Veronica stared at me before blushing uncontrollably. "U-um......" Veronica mumbled.

All of a sudden, a voice came up from behind me. "Well, that's funny. I was about to say the same thing." Cole said.

Veronica gaped. "Wh-what? Both of you?!" She whispered. Then Ray showed up. "Well, this must be one hell of a coincidence!"

Veronica P.O.V

My head was spinning as I took in everything. I suddenly felt a rush of confidence overflow my head before putting my hand up. "Woah woah. I now what's going on. Let me explain this to you guys."