Chapter 5: Ghost girl and the Angel

Veronica thrusted her staff at Jack and it pushed him to the ground. He stared at Veronica with surprise evident in his eyes.

"Huh?" Ray and Cole laughed out loud while Dean smiled. "Veronica beat you!" Ray yelled out. Jack rolled his eyes at Ray. "Yeah, well no shit."

Veronica held her hand out to Jack, who took it gratefully. "Sorry Jack." She said with an apologetic smile.

Jack shook his head and smiled back. He walked back towards the house as Gabriel passed him.

Gabriel watched Jack walk back with dirt patches on his jeans. He looked at Veronica and the group and smiled.

"H-help." He heard a voice. He looked around, but couldn't see anything. "Help!" It cried out again. Gabriel looked around until he sensed something towards the field. He ran towards the noises until he came across blood.

He looked around and saw a young girl, an angel, on the grass. Blood dirtied her dress and her wings were sprawled around her. She coughed out more blood and reached out to Gabriel.

He rushed to her side and picked her up. She gasped for air as Gabriel ran through the field.
Veronica and the boys saw Gabriel and rushed to him. "Oh my god! It's a girl!" Ray yelled.

Veronica stared at the girl before shaking her head. "Put her back." She said with her eyes full of fear.

Gabriel stared at Veronica with shock. "What?!" Gabriel yelled. "She's hurt!"
Veronica shook her head. "She could be dangerous....."

Gabriel rolled his eyes and rushed to the house, with Ray and Cole following. Dean stared at them and looked to Veronica.

"What's the matter?" He asked. Veronica shrugged. "I don't know. She just seems...... weird."
Dean watched with confusion. "Eh....."

Veronica rubbed her arms due to the sudden chill she felt. Dean gestured her to follow him inside, and she followed.

In the house, Gabriel and the boys rushed to get the blood to stop flowing from the girl's wounds. Jack just watched.

Once they were done bandaging the girl up, Gabriel and Ray wiped away the sweat that appeared due to the nervousness they experienced. "Sh should be fine."

Dean stared at the girl and smiled. "She sure is beautiful." Gabriel nodded. "She's an angel after all."

Cole walked towards the fridge and pulled out a drink. "Let's just wait till she wakes up."

Veronica walked out of the room, but looked back. The boys all surrounded the girl and Veronica couldn't help but feel something was wrong.

"She's awake!" Veronica heard a yell. She rushed back into the room, surprised to see the girl sitting up, even after all that blood.

The girl's eyes were absolutely gorgeous. They were bright pink with a touch of lavender. Gold surrounded the bottom.

She had pale skin with soft blonde hair, and rosy cheeks to match.

"Where am I?" She asked, looking around. Gabriel patted her on the back.
"We found you in a forest, bleeding to death."

The girl nodded. "I remember. I was attacked by demons. Thank you so much for saving me! I hope I can repay you!" She said with a bow.

Gabriel shook his head. "You can stay as long as you like." The girl smiled at Gabriel then noticed Veronica.

"Wow! I've never seen a woman as beautiful as you before!" She said. Veronica smiled politely before turning her head.

She felt uneasy for some reason.

"So, who are you?" Ray asked. The angel looked at Ray and smiled. "I'm Alice." She said, looking at everyone in the room individually.

Veronica watched as the boys all talked with the angel. She walked out, feeling out of place.
She walked over to the stalls of horses and pat their noses. "Why do I feel so weird?" She whispered to herself.

She stayed in the stalls for about 2 hours, then she checked the time, realizing it was dinner time.

Veronica ran to kitchen and saw the boys continuing their conversation. Alice was setting food down onto the table.

"Oh hello, please have a seat!" She said happily when Veronica walked in. Veronica nodded and sat down next to Cole.

Alice sat down the last dish and smiled. "Dig in." She said. All the boys grilled their forks and stabbed the food.

"It's good!" Ray said, smiling at the plate. Alice laughed. "Thank you."

Veronica took a bite and chewed. It was good. She picked at her food until she realized she was full.

"So, how long do you plan on staying?" Veronica asked. Alice shrugged. "Probably until my wounds heal. I hope that's not a problem!" She said, pouting.

Gabriel shook his head and smiled. "You're always welcome." Veronica stared at Gabriel before standing up. "Well I'm full. I'm going back to bed."

All the boys nodded, and Ray continued his conversation.

"Hey Veronica, why are you acting so weird?" Dean asked, walking into Veronica's room.

Veronica shrugged. "I don't really know. But I feel that Alice is..... weird." Dean shook his head. "You just met her. Give her a chance."

Veronica shook her head. "She just seems.... evil." Dean sighed.

Suddenly, there was a bang on the door, and Ray walked in. "Oh please. That's not it. Veronica feels lonely. After all, she had all of us, and now that Alice is here, she's feeling jealous that know one's fawning over her!"

Veronica's eyes widened in shock. "What? No!" She said, standing up in protest. Ray nodded. "You never once chose any of us! After we all confessed to you, you took it as a joke! And now you only call us when you need us!"

Veronica felt tears dripping down her face as she tried to assure that wasn't the case. She looked to Dean, but he was only hanging his head, as if agreeing with Ray.

Veronica ran out of the room and into the bathroom, sobbing to herself

"I never knew they felt like this!" She whispered to herself. She looked at her appearance as she always had. "I don't deserve happiness. I don't deserve love." She said to herself, covering her face.

She heard a knock and she wiped away her tears, then she waged her face. She opened the door and peered outside, seeing Jack at the entrance.

"You OK?" He asked. Veronica nodded and smiled, although it was hard. Jack looked unsure as he turned his back. Veronica sat on the ground and cried even more.

She looked up at the light and shut her eyes tightly. "I just sit here. Feeling sorry for myself. Even though I'm the problem."

She stood up and walked out of the bathroom. She walked to her bedroom and sat down. "Just let it go" she said while closing her eyes.