Chapter 4: Ghost Girl and the Change

Joseph smiled as he walked through the halls. Veronica never seized to make him smile. He looked out the window and noticed flowers scattered everywhere.

He sighed and continued to walk. "I guess, I really do like her...." he said do himself.

"Who?" A voice echoed. Joseph turned, shocked to see a man with dark hair staring at him. His mouth was forming a huge smile and he looked like he had just committed murder.

"Y-you're....." Joseph tried to make out, but the figure was walking towards him. "I'm back." The man whispered.

"The demon!" Joseph yelled, pulling out a weapon. He called out for Gabriel, a certain ability Angels could do.

He stood his ground and struck, but the man blocked, as Joseph suspected.
The two went on, clashing swords, until Jospeh slowly realized a sword was in his body.

"This can't kill me. I'm an angel. Everything you do will be for nothing." Joseph said with blood dripping down his chin. The man laughed. "Yes, but this will get rid of you for a short period."

Joseph's eyes widened and he felt everything shatter.

Veronica opened her eyes, feeling anxiety and sadness overcome her. She stood up and ran to Gabriel's room. "Gabriel!" She screamed.

Gabriel was awake and alert, running to Veronica. "What's the matter?" He asked with worry evident in his eyes.

Veronica held her hands up to her head. "I think Joseph is in trouble." Gabriel's eyebrows furrowed and he walked to Veronica's side.

"It's alright. He's an angel, so he can't die or get hurt." Veronica still couldn't put her finger on it. "I feel so lost..." she whispered to herself.

Gabriel stared out the window. "Joseph is a strong Angel. He won't give up."
Veronica smiled, trying to reassure herself. She thought about the first time she found herself in heaven and she felt suddenly overpowering. "Gabriel, call the boys."

Gabriel stared with confusion. Veronica walked over to the bathroom and looked into the mirror. Her multi-colored eyes shone back at her.

"I need to stop relying on them." She whispered to herself. She pulled out her staff and examined it.

"How can I train..... to be stronger....." she said aloud. Gabriel came through the door. "I could help you."

Veronica smiled, grabbing a ribbon. Tying her hair up, she encouraged herself to become stronger.

----------------------------------------------

It had been three weeks and Veronica was starting to become stronger.
"You're learning quite fast." Gabriel commented as the two battled. Veronica smiled and used her staff to attack Gabe.

"So, why aren't the boy's up yet?" Gabe asked. Veronica shrugged. "They all said they wanted sleep." Gabriel shook his head.

"Ever since they got here, they've been nothing but trouble." Gabriel said with a sigh. Veronica laughed. "So, when are we going to find Joseph?" Veronica asked.

Gabriel smiled. "When you become worthy of battling anyone." Veronica smiled. "I'll have the boys, and you! I'm not worried!"

Gabe laughed. "Still. Some opponents are too strong to beat." Gabe dodged Veronica's attack, not realizing he was left open.

Veronica stood with the staff directed at his heart. Gabe smiled. "Progress."
Veronica was proud of herself. "Wow! I'm stronger!"

Gabe shook his head and suddenly Veronica was lying in the floor. "Woah." Gabe brushed himself and looked down on her with an apologetic smile. "You left yourself open."

Veronica stood up and laughed. "You know, Veronica, you'r hair is rather long...... it might get in the way of battle."

Veronica stared at her white hair. "I guess it did grow pretty long." She stared deeply, reminded of how different she was.

"I guess I'll cut it." She said simply. Gabriel shook his head. "Just short enough to not reach your staff." Veronica nodded and the two walked towards the house.

The boys were all sleeping on the couches and the floor. Ray rolled over and yawned loudly. Cole suddenly sat up and threw a pillow at him.

"Shut up."

Ray ignored this and sat up. "Hey V." He said tiredly. Gabriel grabbed a glass of water and splashed it onto each boy's faces.

Each one hurriedly sat up, wiping their faces, then glared. Gabriel smiled with amusement and Veronica rushed for a towel.

"Ahh Gabe. Stop bullying them!" Veronica scolded.
Each one smiled at Veronica, then glaring at Gabriel. "How are you her guardian angel? She should be yours."
Cole said with annoyance.

Gabe smiled, walking away.
"Oh my god! Veronica! You're hair!" Ray exclaimed. Veronica smiled. "Yeah. I cut it in the bathroom."

Dean ran over, grabbing a brush. "Here, it's all over the place." Veronica smiled and thanked him, feeling rather blissful with each stroke.

"There. All better." He said, stepping back. Veronica looked into the bathroom mirror and smiled. It did look pretty. Cole brought over a flower and placed it into her hair.

"Roses really match you." He said, smiling. Veronica smiled back. "So you four, you were supposed to be training."

Each one avoided eye contact, making up various excuses. Veronica burst out laughing and walked away.

"Next time be on time."

The four all smiled, watching their crush walk away.