Chapter 20: Ghost girl and The Battle

Veronica P.O.V

My head was spinning as I took in everything. I suddenly felt a rush of confidence overflow my head before putting my hand up. "Woah woah. I now what's going on. Let me explain this to you guys."

I sat down and gestured all of them to sit. "So anyway, what you are feeling is not love. It's fondness. You guys are my guardians. And I know this is a long story, and maybe really unbelievable, but-"

"Oh we already know about that." Jack said, smiling. I gaped at all of them as they nodded knowingly. I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked back to see Joseph standing there. "Veronica.... the times has come." He said, avoiding my gaze.

I felt my heart start to thump before I clenched my fists and nodded. "Let's go." Was all I said.

I followed Joseph as Jack and Cole nodded while Ray just stared into space. I smiled at him before gesturing them to follow.

Joseph lead us to the school and split us up. "Ok, Jack and Ray, you guys go there, Veronica and Cole, you'll go to the other side. Yell my name if anything happens." Joseph said before confidently striding into the school.

I stared at him until I could no longer see his back. I turned to Cole and we exchanged smiles before running to our side of the school. This was it.

Jack's P.O.V

The two of us raced across the school only to notice there was a woman standing in front of us. She had long blonde hair, with big blue eyes. Some might say she was gorgeous. But we knew what she was. A Black ranked ghost. Joseph had explained everything. Ever tiny detail. So we knew exactly what we were dealing with.

I yelled out Joseph's name, but the lady suddenly transported to me and grabbed my hair. She threw me and I flew, hitting a wall.

Ray charged at her, dodging a few hits before she kicked him in the stomach.

"Oh my. The guardians are kind of interesting. But I bet you guys have no idea what's going on."

I gritted my teeth before smiling at the lady. "You know, I probably have know why this is happening, but I do know you are one ugly ass lady."

The lady's expression changed slightly as she walked over to me and stomped on my hand, causing my eyes to tear up. Ray watched in fear and sympathy before standing up and glaring at the lady.

"I couldn't agree more Jack." Said Ray. He walked over to her and smiled. And then, out of nowhere, he pulled out a gun.

I watched in horror as he aimed the gun at the woman's head and pulled the trigger. But of course, she wasn't human, so she healed almost immediately.

When she was done closing up the wounds, she went straight for Ray's neck, but I beat her to it, holding a weapon I didn't know I had. I aimed at her and realized it was glowing.

She screamed in terror before I stabbed right through her chest, watching her body disappear.

Ray looked shocked as he stared at the body. "Let's go find Cole and Veronica. Was all he said. We had to get to the bottom of this war.