Chapter 6: Ghost girl and True colors

Veronica slowly opened her eyes. "Ugh. Morning." She said, sitting up.
She stood up and walked towards her dresser, pulling out appropriate clothes.

"Veronica!" Gabriel yelled. Veronica hurried downstairs and walked into the living room, where all the boys were standing.

"Yeah?" She called out. Gabriel crossed his arms. "Where's Alice?" He asked.
Veronica's eyes widened. "I-I don't know....." she said.

Gabriel sighed. "Come on. Just tell us." He said. Veronica shook her head. "I really don't know." She said.

Ray stepped up. "Don't lie. We all know you hated her. You're jealous of her because of how pretty she is." He said, glaring.

Veronica stepped back. "No! I really don't know!" But Ray wouldn't stop. "Remember what I said yesterday?! Well I meant every single word!"

Veronica's eyes immediately formed tears. "But I'm not!" She yelled, using her hands to cover her face.

"Then where is she?!" Ray yelled. "We know you did something! She's gone and you're the only person that had something against her! Plus Dean said he saw you and her together!"

Veronica's eyes shot to Dean. "But I went to sleep early last night!" She defended. Dean shook his head. "I saw you talking to her....."

Veronica's eyes burned. "No way!" She said, unbelievingly. The door opened and Alice walked in. "What's going on?" She asked, her eyes curious.

"Where were you?" Gabriel asked. Alice smiled. "I saw this bush of blackberries, so I went to go pick them!"

Ray and Dean looked to Veronica, who was running out the door. "Veronica, wait!" Ray yelled, but Veronica was off.

Jack and Cole looked to each other. "Lets go talk." Cole said, leading Jack into his room.

"Poor Veronica....." Jack said sadly. "Yeah. We should've defended her." Cole said, sighing.

"Ray's over his head. Veronica would never do anything like that." Jack said angrily.

"I know. And how come Dean said he saw her, is she was never there?" Cole asked. Jack shrugged. "We can't prove she wasn't there, but her alibi did seem right."

The two walked downstairs after discussing the possibilities. "Let's keep an eye on Alice." Cole said.

As the two walked to the group, their eyes secretly watched Alice. "I can't believe I said that to Veronica....." Ray said sadly.

Dean covered his face. "But I saw her..." Gabriel just smiled at Alice. "It's a good thing you're safe." He said.

Alice smiled. "Thanks. And I'm sorry I didn't notify you." He just shook his head. "It's alright." Cole looked at Jack. No it wasn't.

"I wonder what we're going to say to Veronica." Dean said. But in the corner of his eye, Cole could see Alice smiling. Not a kind smile, but in fact an evil one. He nudged Jack, who confirmed he saw the same thing.

"Let's go find Veronica." He whispered. Jack nodded and they were out the door.

"Veronica!" Jack yelled. "Come on!" Cole screamed, but it was no use.
But when they heard sniffling, the two knew Veronica was in the forest where they were searching. "Hey V." Cole said, sitting down next to Veronica.

Jack sat on the other side and patted her on the back. "It's alright. They're just stupid."

Veronica shook her head. "It's my fault. I know I never replied to any of your feelings. And I'm sorry. I was scared, and I didn't know who to choose.... I love you all, but not in a romantic way...."

Cole smiled. "That's not your fault. We're just all weird guys that don't deserve to be seen as boyfriends." Veronica laughed. "No. It's my terrible judgement."

Cole smiled. "But Veronica, I think Alice is setting this up. Not only did she purposely go missing for 9 hours, she also seemed to enjoy Ray yelling at you."

Veronica's jaw dropped. "Alice?" She said to herself. "And I mean, does it really take 9 hours to pick blackberries?" Jack asked.

Veronica shook her head. "Not unless there were more then one basket. But she didn't have more."

Cole stared at the house. "No doubt about it. Either we're wrong, or Alice isn't who she appears to be."

"And Veronica, she's not prettier than you." Jack said, making Veronica laugh even harder.

"Ray isn't the same. He would never say that to you...." Cole said. "Could it be he's under some sort of spell?"

Jack nodded. "It's a possibility." Veronica smiled at the two. "Thanks for coming guys." She said, hugging the both of them. And the two smiled, comforting the crying ghost girl.