Chapter One

April

We were eating our dinner at the table silently, just like usual.

We barely talked these days.

We didn't even show the common courtesy anymore.
Either he was always out on work and got home with more than one half naked girl in his arms,
or he was always on the couch drinking, smoking watching news and commenting in disgust,"Assholes everywhere! "

Yeah. Assholes. Everyone was Asshole and bitch. He said that.

But little did he know that he was on the list of assholes too.

I wasn't not sure what kinda 'work' he did. But little did I know that he didn't go to his regular office, where he used to go, anymore.
I found his termination letter in his drawer, along with several packs of condoms.
The company sacked him accusing that he was involved in financial corruption.

And all the money my mom earned, working till her last breath, he wasted it all on chicks, in bars, gambling and on drugs.

I didn't know why do I even tolerate this man. I should have slapped him and left.

But then..
where would I go? I didn't have any other place to go.

No family. No friends.
Nobody wanted me.. And I was well aware that fact.

So I had to tolerate him. I had to cook for him, clean the whole house, wash his clothes and even his dirty underwear.
And the worst part, I had to tolerate his filthy behavior that a father would never do to his own daughter.
I wasn't his daughter to him. I was just a female object.

I should have left. But again I remembered about my mom. Whenever I thought of leaving him, memories flashed in my mind,
her weak hands, squeezing mine as she laid on the hospital bed. Her shaky voice through the beep beep sound of the machines, "Promise me sweetie. No matter what, you'll be at your dad's side.. He needs you honey.. Promise me.." her voice, trembling.
"I promise! "I sobbed, tears trailing down my cheeks.

It was mom's last wish. And that's the biggest reason I was tolerating all these.
But I wondered ,if she was watching me from heaven did she still want me to stay?
My dad was never a really good dad. All the financial duties were used to be filled by my mom. He never full filled his duties really well. But at least he wasn't this monster when mom was alive. After her death he changed day by day.

Now looking at him I wondered were him and my dad same even person?

No. My dad wasn't this monster. Dad wasn't this jerk who can even make her own daughter surrender to his filthy desires...

I was just a slave or an object whose job was to maintain the house and cook for him. And even when I was well aware that, I couldn't leave. I had my hands tied up.

"After thinking at lot I've decided to send you to a boarding school in Aspen. "he broke the silence, causing my heart to skip a beat.

" what?! "I exclaimed in shock. The spoon I was holding suddenly fell down.

" You're not getting proper education here. I've talked to the school authorities of Warrior High. And I have also informed your principal here that you're not attending school from tomorrow. "he said without any expression, still eating his soup.

I couldn't believe he was sending me away, after what I had done for him.
He just wanted to break me from each and every way.

" But Dad, I don't want to leave this place. It has mom's memories all over the house. It feels like she's still here. " I tried to protest even though it sounded like a mild pleading.