Chapter Four

April

" Don't you dare to scream or I'll make it even painful. "he hissed.

I felt him sucking on my neck, draining me out of blood.. Out of energy.. as my world faded into darkness.

____________________________________

I felt a soft mattress beneath me as I opened my eyes.
Ace was beside me, looking at me with his eyes filled with.... Wait, concern?
But It couldn't be! He was just a monster... But though I didn't seem to refer the emotion in his eyes else than 'concern'..

"Thank God you're not dead. For one moment I thought I killed you. Damn.. You got me real worried"he sighed in relief.
" But why were you worried? I'm Nothing but a food to you.. " I managed to say.
No. I would never surrender anymore. I might surrendered him at once but I would never do that again.
I had to be strong and tough. My mom always said "Never bow down. Keep your head high chin up. Never give in. Never give up. "

" I'm just a food. Why do you care if I die? "I questioned him trying to hurt his ego.
Suddenly he got silent.
Then slowly bent down and brought his mouth to my ear.
" You don't have any right to ask me questions little shrimp.. "he whispered. His voice was cold, raspy.. It sent shivers down my spine.

He pulled way and walked to the door but turned around," Oh, I put your uniform there ". He pointed at a side of the bed.

" Hurry up or you'll be late " he said, leaving the room, not allowing me to say anything back.

____________________________________

Two drops of tear escaped my eyes as I stared at the bite marks he left on my skin.
It hurts.
They treated me as if I was puppet on their strings.. I was a 'food'.

No. I couldn't live like this. I wouldn't give up. I promised myself that my life would be different from now. And I couldn't let these monster running my life.

My mom's voice echoed in my mind, "If you can not fight someone from the front, take a different way. Stab them from behind."
Most would consider this as cowardly but I didn't care. I would do whatever it required to get myself free.
I had to trick them. The house was a prison. I had to escape.
But for a while I have to obey them or they won't let me be alive. I thought.

I wiped my eyes and smiled at my reflection.
They liked me crying.. Didn't they? Then I'd not cry anymore. I knew it wouldn't be a solution for anything. But still I wouldn't let them see me breaking down anymore.......

____________________________________

I grabbed the uniform Ace gave me, I have to keep them happy at least for a while till I come up with any solution. So right now they wants me to go to school. I'll do that. I thought.
A black and white checked skirt, a white shirt and a black jacket with a checked tie.. Pretty unique.
I changed into them and brushed my hair, but not pulling it into a pony tail like I always did.
I didn't want anybody else at school to see those hideous bite marks.
For me they weren't just bite marks. For me they were the reminder that I got weak once..
____________________________________

I ran down the stairs, fearing that they might be mad if I get late.
I felt my heart pounding louder as I saw the twins and Zeke in the lounge.
Okay. Keep calm April. Act normal. They like it if you get scared...

"Hey there April "Zeke says" That looks so Sexy on you... "he wince." it'd be real fun I won you.. We'd have a lotsa a fun together up in the stars.. We'd make love on the moon! "

"Zeke, don't behave like a pervert." Christina said pinching him hard in the arm.
"Owwww! Sis that hurts! "He groaned.
" A pervert, what else you think he is? " I heard Ace laughing.
" We'd get late "Christina said grabbing my arm,smiling.

She was back to normal. Little did I know as long she was in a good mood she would be a great help in my mission.

" Don't mind sweetie, he's just like that. " Christina whispered , smiling.
I wondered if her smile was fake. But whenever she smiled I didn't seem to disbelieve her.

Her both sides seemed genuine. The scary side and abnormally friendly side. Both.
She must have bipolar disorder so better not to piss off her.

" Driver is waiting outside with the car. "
Jett.
He was leaning against the couch.
" Hi Jett "I bid. I have to behave normal and used to.

" You better hurry or you guys would get late. "he said pointing at the exit.
Why the hell he was so arrogant?I was just being nice.
"Yeah, yeah we're going, don't need to remind that again and again." Christina made a weird face at him.
Her childish side was way better than her cold emotion less side. I became comfortable around her when she acted like normal humans.

Jett gave her "I don't give a damn" stare as we headed to the outside.
We heard him slamming the door behind.
"Doesn't he go to school? "I asked,pretending to be interested.

" No. He never went to school. He was homeschooled. And you know what? He's the most intelligent person among us. He usually spends at least 15 hours at the library and rest of the day sleeping " Christina informed.

" Oh" I replied in brief. I got into the car long with Christina, Ace and Zeke.

____________________________________

I sat beside Christina (who is in a good mood till now but who knows what happens next.) at the break.
"Isn't he hot? " Christina asked, pointing at a picture of a male model in the magazine she was reading.
" Yeah. " I nodded.
" I bet his blood would taste delicious.. Don't you think? " she asked not taking her eyes off the magazine.
Ooh no. Don't go back to your psychotic side!please!
" umm.. I guess. "I replied.

And all of a sudden she grabbed my wrist, bringing her lips to it.
" He might be tempting but I don't need him as long I have your blood... "
I tried to flinch and shake my arm she was grabbing, and suddenly I heard,

"Shhh!Hush little human girl, don't try to scream...."

And the next moment my throat was grabbed by a muscular hand firmly yet not so hard to make me chock.

Zeke

____________________________________

Hey my wonderful readers! I want to thank all of you for reading this book. It means a MOUNTAIN to me! You guys are wonderful!
And sorry it's a small chapter.
You have more chapters coming soon.
Love you guys! Take care.
-Astrareth