Chapter 25

Selena glanced back to a slumping Mary

Selena glanced back to a slumping Mary. "Hey.. Hey! You alright back there?" Mary didn't move. "Shit!" Selena pressed the gas peddle to the floor as she headed up the long driveway as she honked the horn. She was meet by Dr. Kent and Olin, another one of Jokers body guards. The two men rushed up to the SUV as Salenna pulled the door open. She grunted as she tried to pull Mary out. "Ok princess ..rise and shine." Olin rushed over and cradled Mary in his arms. 

Mary was in a black abyss. She was on an operating table. She tried to sit up but couldn't move. She heard footsteps approaching but couldn't make out there face until they reached her. It was her. Mary stared in confusion. She was about to talk, but the other form raised it hand as it spoke. "I know what your going to ask., where am I? Why am I here? Am I dead? The awnser is, your subconscious mind. Your dying, and not yet." 

Mary chest started to heave, "So you're  here torment me?"

Mary's other self shook her head. "I'm always here until the end. Your torment is your on fault." Mary started to sob. Her other self started to stroke her hair, "Don't worry it will all be over soon." 

Mary shook her head, "No... No..!" Mary's other self stepped back into the darkness. She heard another set of footsteps approach. 

She heard a familiar voice, "Hey kido.." It was her Uncle Allen. Mary started to sob. Uncle Allen patted her hand. "I'm so proud of you.."

Mary spoke between sobs, "How can you say that.? I've done bad things."

Allen smiled, "You are so tough. You're a fighter.. Fight for me.." Mary squeezed her eyes and when she opened them he was gone. 

Mary then heard two sets of footsteeps approach. Mary's eyes had the look of terror. Standing on both sides of the table was Kaitlyn and Sherry. The two girls that were bumped off for stealing money. Their skin was pale and soaking wet. Kaitlyn opened her blue lips to speak but all that came out was cold water as she moved her mouth. Mary opened her mouth and screamed.

Jokers SUV stopped in front of Ozwalds office for the drop off. He pushed by the door man and screamed as he stood in the foyer, "Oswald!!" 

Oswald quickly ran down the stairs, "I'm here., I heard what happened.. Wwww.. Where's Mary?"

Joker shoved the case into on of Oswalds bodyguards chest. He grabbed Oswald by the lapels of his suit. "Don't you say it, don't you fucking say it.. Don't you say her name." 

Oswald put up his hands to shield the coming blow, "I told you they could double cross. If I thought she was in immediate danger I would have called it off." Joker shoved him  and turned  away. Oswald was trying to catch his breath, "What happened." 

Joker turned back to him with a cold glare, "How the fuck should I know. Every thing was going fucking perfect and then the shits started to talk Russian."

Oswald looked confused, "Then what..?"

 Joker had his hand in his hip and rubbed his face as he was thinking. He turned to Frost, "Pull the security tape." Frost whipped out his phone and found what he was looking for. The three men stood together as they watched every thing go down. Oswald paused it as he heard Mary speak in the foreign language.

"Это тяжело."

Oswald called his office housekeeper to the foyer, she shuffled in, "Magda, translate."

Frost started the video when the two men started their secret conversation. Magda translated every bit.  

Frost looked to Joker, " Did she know there was uranium in the case?" Joker tapped his fingers against his lips as he shook his head. Frost slightly nodded from side to side, "Oh.."

Oswald walked away as Magda continued to translate. He ran his hands through his combed hair in frustration and started to laugh. 

Joker cut him a cold glare, "What the fuck Is so funny

Joker cut him a cold glare, "What the fuck Is so funny..?"

Oswald had tears pulling in his eyes, "You hired a fucking genius and you had no clue.." He stared to cry and laugh at the same time. "And now she's going to fucking die.." There was no more laughter only crying. "I.. I have her a Christmas present.." 

Joker angrily rushed to him and grabbed him by his coat again, "If she fucking dies... I don't ever want to see you again.. Do you understand..? If I do, I'll probably fucking kill you.."

Oswald looked down and nodded his head. "And you have every right to." Joker released him and clicked his fingers signaling Frost to follow. Oswald slightly followed and yelled, "I'm sorry.!" Joker continued to walk out the door. Oswald screamed, "I'm sorry..!"

Joker got back into the SUV, Frost looked to him, "What now?" 

Joker looked straight ahead, "This isn't over yet. We've got a bird to cook." 

Frost knew what he was thinking, "Armory?"

Joker turned to him with an evil low smile, "Armory."

Oswald sat his desk as he cried. He had a small box spinning it. He opened  it as he sobed, inside was a jewel incrusted penguin. It had been his mothers before she passed. It was made after his mother discoverd that she was pregnant with Oswald. He closed the small box and laid his head on his desk as he cried alone.

 He closed the small box and laid his head on his desk as he cried alone