Chapter 37

A few hours later, Mary heard the front door bust open, "Frost!!" Mary new her husband was home. Mary ran to the stairs, she noticed Frost and Joker carying in Olin. He had blood covering his neck and left upper thigh. Mary ran as fast as she could down the stairs. "Think! Male, mid twenties. Two gun shot wounds. One in left thorax, the next in upper left thigh. When they laid him down on the kitchen table, Mary took over. "J, dear call Dr. Kent. Frost give me your belt." Mary pressed her hand over the thigh wound. Olin screamed out. "I know Olin. I'm going to fix you. Calm your breathing, or your going to go into shock." Frost gave Mary his belt and held up Olins leg. Mary calmped his leg as tight as she could. "Frost I need you to go get me gauss and wraps."  

Joker handed her the phone, "This is Dr. Kent." Mary repeated everything that she had assessed in her head. "Mary, your going to have to plug the neck wound until I get there." 

Mary paused, "Frost!! Go to my bathroom and get me the playtex box now!'" Mary could here him runing up the stairs. 

Dr. Kent contined, "Ok, now remove the belt or he's going to lose his leg. Release it and see if you can find the artery. Start in the groin area and follow it before you release the belt. "  

Frost finally arrived with the the playtex box. Mary retrieved one and shoved it to Frost. "Open this." Frost cut his eyes up to her. "Fucking open it!" Frost quickly did what he was told. Mary inserted the tampon in Olins neck wound. "Ok, Olin. I have to remove the belt or you'll lose your leg. I'm going to find the artery, but it's going to hurt. If you lose conciseness, what ever you hear or see, remember I'm right here." Olin had a tear climbing down his cheek. "Here we go." Mary spotted the raised vein in his groin, as she released the belt,  blood sprayed all over the top of her dress. She stuck her two small fingers in the wound. Olin tried to buck off of the table, but Joker and Frost held him down. He finally passed out from pain. Mary felt where the blood flow pressure was and squeezed both sides between her fingers. "Found it!"  

It seemed forever before Dr. Kent arrived at the gastly scene with his operating assistant. Dr. Kent observed Marys handy work. "Good job Miss Parker. He's going to make it."

Mary slowly backed away from the table to let Dr

Mary slowly backed away from the table to let Dr. Kent take over. Joker or Frost didn't leave from the scene. She walked to her bathroom and stripped off the bloody clothes as the water from the shower rolled over her. Mary tried to piece together what could of happened, but her thoughts were vague. She finally finished her shower and put on comfortable lounge clothing. She slowly headed into the kitchen and saw only the operation assistant cleaning up the last of the mess. "Where's Dr. Kent?" The assistant pointed to the west downstairs hall way. Mary walked lightly as she made her way down the dark hall. Inside the spare bedroom wad Olin, with  Salena as his nurse. 

Selena smiled as she saw Mary creep in. "Hi princess." Mary smiled as she approached the bed.  Salena continued, "Dr. Kent said he was going to be ok. Thanks to you... He'll be out for a while."

Mary turned to her, "Where's J?" Selena looked up. 

Mary could hear through the closed office door. "How the fuck should I know they knew we were going to be there?" There was a pause. "Well fucking find out!"  Mary quickly made her way to her room. She looked down on the bed at her phone;  there was a text message from Simon. "Can't stop thinking about those legs. Would love to see them again." Mary deleted the message. Mary laid there and waited in the hopes of seeing her husband, but he never came. She eventually feel asleep.  

While Mary slept, Joker crept in. He sat in a chair near by and watched her sleep as he took a shot of brandy. He felt the darkness creep in. "Well ... Well.. Our little house wife is more useful than we ever could imagine. Such a sweet angel made for our crazy lives."  Joker sat silent as he continued to watch her. He cursed himself for brining her into this. His chaos.

Mary woke alone in her bed the next morning. This saddened her a great deal. She did her normal routine of getting ready, but her feet dragged. 

After getting ready, she quickly headed down stairs to check on Olin

After getting ready, she quickly headed down stairs to check on Olin. As Onlin looked up, he smiled. "There's the doctor."

Mary cocked he head to the side, "Olin, I'm not a doctor."

"But you saved me.. I would've been dead if it weren't for you." 

Mary smiled, "You helped save me, remember?"

Olin smiled, "I just carried you. Dr. Kent saved you." Olins smile slowly eased, "How did you know?"

Mary was confused, "Know what Olin?" 

Olin had tears pulling in his eyes, "That I would see.. Those terrible things..?"

Mary looked down then back up. "Because I saw them too." 

Olin continued, "Then I saw the light. It kept getting louder and faster, and I woke up in here. What terrible things did you see..?" 

Mary heard a movement in the doorway. She turned and her husband was listening to their conversation. Her tone was flat, "Hello Mr. J"