Chapter 35

Joker followed Mary back to the house as she climed out he, was standing next to his Lamborghini. She reluctantly strolled up to him as she bit her lip and tucked her hands in her pockets. He walked up to her and threw his arm around her shoulders. Joker didn't say anything, his silence was driving her crazy. Mary could tell he was enjoying her torment. Joker finally spoke, "So. Where did you learn to drive."

Mary had a quick flashback of Devon. He had given her a brand new Audi as an engagement gift. This was before he had turned violent. Mary shook her head as she looked down, "I don't want to say." 

Joker was concerned, "What?"

Mary turned her head up with a blank face, "Devon." Mary felt his grip squeeze her shoulder . "See.. I knew you wouldn't like it."

Joker let up on his grip. They reached the inside of the house. It was silent. Mary turned to her new husband. "Are you going to punish me now?"  

Joker tipped her head up to him, "Why would you think my prize would be punishment?"

Mary looked like she was going to cry. "I don't want to tell you." Joker looked at her lips before he kissed her. He wanted to interrogate her more, but knew to tread lightly. He scooped her up and carried her to the parlor and sat Mary in his lap. 

She leaned against him as he played with her hair. The silence was broken with her voice, "What's your favorite thing to do?"

"Hmm.. That's a tough one.. Chaos I would say."

Mary's raised her eyebrows. "Why..?"

Joker put her hair to his nose. "Power. The process of getting power I should say." 

"Hmm."

Joker put down her hair, "Enlighten me cupcake. What's yours?" 

Mary thought about it, "I'm not sure. I like lots of things I guess. Maybe I haven't found my favorite yet."

Joker smirked, "Well your hell of a dancer." 

Mary chuckled, "That was a one time thing, but now that I think about it. Maybe I could be one of the Smile and Grin dancers." 

Joker growled, "Fuck no." 

Mary turned to him and batted her eyelashes, "That bad huh..?"

Joker rolled his eyes, "Fishing for complements?"

Mary batted her eyelashes again, "Not me Mr. J. " Mary paused, "Have you slept with any of those girls?"

Joker rolled his face back to Mary's, "Does it matter?"

Mary pursed her lips. "Hmm.. I take that as a yes." He didn't say anything. 

Mary leaned up to climb to her feet, but Joker grabbed her arms and slightly shook her. "Look at me!" Mary slightly bent her head down as she looked up at him. "What do you expect from me?"

Mary softly spoke, "The same thing that you do. To be faithful." 

He sighed, "Why would I fuck trash, when I have you." Mary looked down so he couldn't see her cry. He pulled her to his chest and stroked her hair. Mary leaned up as joker shifted to his feet. He reached for her hand. Mary took it and he lead her down to a lower part of the house. Inside the cool space was a shooting range. He turned on the light and Mary saw a arsineal of weapons.

Mary whistled

Mary whistled. "I definitely know your obsession now."

He wrapped his arms around her waist. "Your my obsession. Pick one.. Anyone. I'll teach you how to use it." 

Mary slowly walked over to the wall and picked a Glock 19, "I guess I'll start out small."

Joker lead her to the range and placed head ear muffs on her head. The target was set and Mary pulled the trigger. 

When the clip was empty she laid the gun on the table and took off the earmuffs

When the clip was empty she laid the gun on the table and took off the earmuffs. "Was that good?"

Joker looked at the target and smiled, "Your a natural." Mary felt slightly uneasy about his praise. Mary had been studying to save lives not take them. "What's your favorite one here?" 

Joker walked over to the wall and grabbed to shiny pistols. He turned and showed them to Mary. "Recognize these?"

Mary swallowed hard, "How could I forget, that's the gun you had aimed at my head the first time we met." 

Joker put them back and strolled back over to her as she looked down. "That's the best thing that happened to me. I hope you can say the same."

Mary was playing with his gold chain, "Yes, but you did scare the hell outa me."

Joker pulled her to him, "I wasn't going to kill ya. I might have knocked you out if you had screamed... But not kill ya."

Mary leaned her head against his chest. "You're a terrible liar."