Chapter 32

Mary stood with Salena in the bridal suite of the church

Mary stood with Salena in the bridal suite of the church. She kept twisting a handkerchief in her hands. Selena scolded her, "I'd like that back in one piece please." 

Mary looked down at her hands, "Oh.. Sorry." There was a knock at the door. Selena opened it and turned back to smile at Mary. "It's time." 

Mary headed out the door with her white rose bouquet, she gasped as she turned the corner of the massive church. Oswald was standing at the chapel entrance smiling. Mary walked up to him. He offered her his arm to be escorted, "May I have the pleasure?" Mary looked down as she gathered tears in her eyes. Oswald saw what she was looking at, it was the penguin broach that he had given her as a Christmas gift. Mary had pinned it at the lower hip of her dress. Oswald beamed at her as he took out his hankerchief and patted her tears. Mary took a deep breath as she took his arm. Salena stayed behind and straightened her train as Mary walked down to the wedding march. Standing at the alter was Joker dressed in a black and white tux. Frost stood by as Best Man. 

There was nobody else in the huge chapel

There was nobody else in the huge chapel. Mary was glad of this, since she was already nervous enough. The couple quickly  said their vows and exchanged rings. "I now pronounce you husband and wife." Joker didn't wait for the priest to finish. He pulled Mary back and kissed her. Mary was blushing when he leaned her back up. Mary smiled as she took his arm and retreated up the isle. When it was time for their picture, Mary was the only one to be photographed. The wedding party finally made their way to the reception that was already in full swing. 

Mary peeked from behind a curtin before her and Joker made their entrance

Mary peeked from behind a curtin before her and Joker made their entrance. She did a double take as she noticed him leaning against a support column staring at her, "What?"

He strolled over to her and gently placed his hand on her cheek. "I'm making sure I remember you  just like this." Mary leaned in and kissed him. They broke the kiss as they heard their names called. Mary took his arm and they strolled down the staircase to the party area. Mary heard gasp and whispers as the party saw the beautiful bride. 

They made their way to their wedding cake

They made their way to their wedding cake. Mary turned to the groom, "Don't you dare smear this on my face. Deal?"

Joker smiled and whispered in her ear, "I wouldn't want to ruin that pretty dress before I get to take it off of you, now would I." Mary gasped at his answer. Her stomach was in knots as they cut the cake. They then headed to the dance floor for their first dance as husband and wife. (You pick your own song for this). Mary leaned against his shoulder as they swayed. Joker whispered in her ear, "Happy so far?"

Mary leaned back and looked in his eyes and nodded, "You..?" Joker nodded. 

It was getting close to midnight and the couple made their way out as the ball dropped for the New Year. Joker helped his young bride into the passenger seat of the SUV and drove out into the dark night. They were silent on the way home. Mary fumbled with her fingers as she looked down. Joker grabbed her left hand and kissed it. He didn't let go of it, but gently stroked her burn scar. The SUV pulled up to the grand house. Joker made his way to her side and opened her door. Mary carefully slid out, as she tried not to rip her dress. He swooped he up and carried her across the thresh hold, her chest heaved as he carried her into her room and carefuly placed her down. Joker gently kissed her, "I'll give you a minute." Mary was in shock as she watched him leave and closed the door. Her anxiety grew in his absence.