Two Different

Christopher-

Waking up with his arms around Tommy wasn't how Christopher intended to end up in the morning. He'd hoped that he'd made it to his bed, but the exhaustion had hit him so hard when he'd come in the previous evening, that it must have knocked him out. He did remember waking up for just a moment, but he couldn't remember what he'd done. Only that Tommy was there and he fell back asleep almost immediately. 

Taking in a deep breath, Christopher inhaled Tommy's unique scent as the man's soft hair tickled his nose. When he exhaled and rustled Tommy's hair lightly, he began to stir in his arms. Tommy settled after shifting a bit so that he was facing him. Christopher rolled his eyes and reached up once the man had stopped moving. His hand settled against Tommy's face and his analytical side began to slip out. He considered the faint scars that defined the man's past. Faded dots here and there from teenage acne. A cut, long since healed across the left side of his forehead. The man wasn't what one would call handsome, but Christopher couldn't deny that he had nice facial features. 

And we're not going any lower than the face. He told himself with a hint of sarcasm. Knowing that their position on the sofa also wasn't an appropriate subject, he forced himself to sit up. It took a bit of effort, as his body still felt sluggish from sleep, but he managed after a few moments.  

A quick glance at the clock told him that he had to leave for work in about forty minutes. Just enough time to shower. You'll just have to wait to shave. He'd planned on doing it, but being in the living room, his alarm clearly hadn't been loud enough to wake him from his bedroom. 

After one last glance at Tommy, Christopher got himself up and trudged to the bathroom. He was always sluggish in the morning. Coffee sometimes helped, but it didn't last long enough for him to go out of his way to get it. Nor can I be late just to get some. 

Stifling a yawn, he let the clothing he'd slept in drop to the floor, then dazedly made his way into the bathroom. While sluggish, Chris managed to shower decently fast, and was out with a towel around his waist in just under ten minutes. After giving his teeth a quick brushing and adding some deodorant, he stepped back into his bedroom. 

The chill from the air conditioner helped wake him up a little more, but it didn't do nearly as good a job as seeing Tommy standing in the hall to his left, did. Words failed him, as well as common sense, as he stopped and stared. Technically, he was the one being gawked at, and he was just returning the eye contact, but for some reason, Christopher couldn't make himself move. 

After nearly a full minute had passed in silence, Tommy took a step forward and into his bedroom. The action put Tommy within a few short feet of him, yet Chris still couldn't find the will to move. He could tell that Tommy's mind was working through the situation as his head tilted ever-so-slightly. When he took another step forward, Chris felt his heart start to pound in his chest. 

He remained stalk-still even as Tommy moved to stand directly in front of him. Chris could feel the warmth of the man's breath ghosting against his skin. As his eyes drifted closed, he felt Tommy's lips softly press against his jaw. The pressure was there for just a brief moment before it disappeared, only to be placed a little lower. Then a little lower. The kisses feathered slowly downward along his neck, chest and torso. The pressure paused there, only a few inches above where his towel was wrapped around his waist. 

Letting out a shaky breath when the pressure was removed from his skin, Christopher managed to get his eyes open again and slowly looked down. His gaze was met with Tommy's for a  moment before the man lowered his eyes to the floor. 

Respect. 

Christopher also mentally noted that Tommy hadn't kissed him on the lips, or even close to them. He's showing his respects to a dominant. It had honestly felt amazing to get such attention after not having it for quite a while, but Chris wasn't sure how he should handle the situation right then. He could, of course, reciprocate the actions, but to what extent was acceptable between them, without making silent promises he wouldn't keep?

A quiet voice in the back of his head questioned why he wouldn't keep any promises, but Chris shut it down quickly as he gave Tommy a slight shake of his head. Seeming to understand the gesture as a dismissal, Tommy took a small breath, then blew it out as he started pushing himself up off of his knees. Except, he clearly seemed to be having trouble almost right away. 

Idiot. Kneeling down when you still have trouble simply standing. 

Christopher couldn't find it in himself to be mad at the man, though. Leaning over, he gently took hold of Tommy under each arm. He wasn't going to just lift his entire weight. That was just asking for problems for his back, but he did lend some of his strength as Tommy reached up and grasped his sides for stability. When he managed to get high enough, Tommy moved his hands, reaching up to wrap his arms around Christopher's neck. As Chris finished straightening to his full height, Tommy was helped back to his feet. 

 He expected the man to release him so that he could get dressed and head to work before he was late, but of course, he knew that Tommy would never make things easy on him. When Tommy's arms tightened around his neck and he pressed his forehead beneath the crook of Chris's neck, he bit back a sigh. 

This man will be the death of me. 

Christopher waited a few moments before lifting his hands to settle on Tommy's shoulders. He intended to push him away, just like every other person who wanted to get too close. To wedge their way into his scripted life. Yet, when he felt the man relax against him with such simple touches, he couldn't stop his hands from wandering. His fingertips ghosted over clothed, smooth muscle as his left hand move downward to settle on Tommy's opposite hip, then his right one rose to delve into the man's soft hair. 

He could feel his control slipping as the seconds passed and neither of them moved. When Tommy leaned his head back so that their eyes could meet, Christopher knew that it was his chance to stop whatever was happening from going any further. His pulse was racing as he opened his mouth, then closed it and cleared his throat before trying again. 

"We need to stop whatever this is." 

He wanted to follow that sentence with something close to it needs to not happen again, but he was having a surprisingly hard time getting words to form on his tongue. 

"This..." Tommy whispered as his eyes narrowed on Christopher's, then widened ever so slightly. "Yeah. Okay..." He said in a nearly mute breath, right before he closed the distance between their lips. 

The kiss caught him completely off guard and made his heart stumble round in his chest quite awkwardly. Christopher tried to back away and break contact quickly, though. Tommy had surprised him, and didn't seem interested in slowing down as he grabbed Chris's hair with one hand and wrapped his other arm tighter around his shoulders. Christopher froze, conflicted as to what he should do. Before he could think of a reaction that wouldn't physically hurt Tommy, the other man released him and took an unsteady step back as his tongue darted across his bottom lip. 

"I'm going to take a taxi home, and we're going to talk later. Have a good day at work, Christopher." 

And just like that, Tommy turned and grabbed his small bag of necessities and shoved his toothbrush and a few stray clothes into it. He slipped into his shoes and headed down the short hallway, then out of sight. When the door clicked shut a moment later, Christopher took a step forward, blinking out of the daze he had somehow slipped into. 

"He just. What the hell just...?" 

He should have gone and gotten him, but the man could technically manage on his own. He had completed his watch of him, and besides the pain, which wouldn't go away for a long while, Tommy was doing well. 

I'll have to go check on him tonight, though. 

The thought made his stomach twist with unfamiliar nerves as he quickly got dressed, then headed to the kitchen. 

"Alright dog, come here so I can feed you before I got." 

Silence answered him, making Chris's eyebrows rise as he stepped out of the small kitchen and looked around. "Skipper?" 

No response. His eyes glanced toward the door as he realized what had happened. 

Of. Fucking. Course he did. 

The leash he left by the door was gone. 

"I swear I'm going to tie him up when I go over there tonight and he won't like it." 

With a frustrated grumble, Christopher grabbed his keys, and forgetting his lunch for the hundredth time, he headed out to work.