Closed Doors

(So this is a half chapter because Jade just does not want to let me write an R chapter... but I will try for adorable, at least. You guys have awesome imaginations for the other part :P)

Jake-

Several weeks had passed since they'd all met for dinner. Thankfully, Wren began texting him a few days ago. Adam had only gone to see him face to face one other time, and he came back saying that Wren had apologized, again, for what he did and that he had accepted to go out with his friend at school. 

It was pretty awkward at first, hearing all of the things his brother had done while he'd been gone once he started really talking to Adam openly. Jake especially wasn't a fan of his parents having stepped up their religious practicing, and forcing him to be strict about it, too, but there was little he could do about it. 

Grinning, Jake opened a new text from his brother, only for his mouth to drop. "Sir!" He yelled as he jumped off the sofa and ran up the stairs to find Jade. 

He passed Rose on the way up, greeting her with a smile before he disappeared down the hall. Since his door was open, Jake just knocked lightly on it for a second, then stepped inside. 

Hearing the shower going, Jake leaned against the door frame, considering his options. Well, he was actually just trying to figure out if Jade would get mad if he walked in on him. They'd slept together in the same bed for a long while, but Jade never pushed him to do much more than kissing or touching. 

Probably because I was so skinny and he was always ridiculously careful about it. Not like I would break. 

Looking down at himself, Jake grinned as he poked his belly. He'd filled out great, and even gained a bit of muscle since he'd been the closer more often than not at the bowling alley, and had to put away all the balls and stack the chairs. 

Deciding to give it a shot, Jake set his phone down on the night stand and slowly walked toward the bathroom. The door was closed because Jade liked his privacy and still couldn't quite drop all his rules. It was okay with him, though. He wouldn't normally want someone walking in on him while he was taking a shower either, but...

Knocking just loud enough to be heard over the spray of water, Jake held his breath and waited. As he stood there, he couldn't help fooling with his fingers, twisting them together as he glanced at the door every few seconds. 

His nerves had built up so much that when the sound of the shower stopped and the door finally did open, Jake literally jumped. "Is... something wrong, Jacob?" Jade asked as he stepped out of the steamy room with just a towel wrapped around his waist. 

Quickly shaking his head, Jake pointed over to his phone on the nightstand, but couldn't keep eye contact for some reason. "Wren just sent a photo of his boyfriend to me..." He mumbled, earning silence from Jade. 

Is he mad that I interrupted his shower? 

Hesitantly looking up, Jake noted the curious look on Jade's face and turned to go fetch the phone. He was stopped, however, by an arm around his shoulders. The feeling of Jade's warm and damp chest against his T-shirt drew a shiver down Jake's spine as he was pressed back against it. 

"Jacob, that couldn't wait until I was finished with my shower?" He asked, tilting his head slightly to try and see Jake's averting eyes better. 

"Look at me, hun." He whispered before lifting a hand to gently grasp Jake's chin and turn it so that their eyes could meet. "Why are you blushing?" Jade asked with a sincerity that made Jake feel even more embarrassed. 

Think of something.

"Uh, I... I was just going to ask if you um, needed help, washing your back." Jake mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck as his eyes tried to look away from Jade's enticing green ones. 

His eyebrows furrowed, seemingly not buying what Jake had said. "You... I'm finding that explanation a little hard to believe, Jacob." Jade said, easily seeing through his excuse.

Yeah, that's cause it was bad. 

Biting his lower lip, Jake opened his mouth to try another one that would likely be just as dumb, but Jade gently pressed his jaw upward, closing his mouth before he could make another excuse. 

"Might I suggest something, Jacob?" Jade asked with a hint of mischief in his eyes that Jake was uneasy about. 

He gave a slow nod, since Jade still held his mouth closed with the pressure beneath his jaw. "Thank you. Close your eyes." 

Without thinking, Jake did as told immediately. 

"Good. Now think about why you came in here, and why you knocked on the door while I was in the shower." Jade said. The words might have been simple in their meaning, but Jake felt his face burn when his mind brought up all sorts of things in the darkness behind his closed eyelids. 

"Now do what you meant to do, Jacob." 

Swallowing down his unease, Jake slowly allowed his eyes to open as he stepped forward and pressed a kiss to Jade's warm chest. He stayed that way as he felt Jade's hand gently sift through his hair to rest against his head. 

"Continue." Jade said softly after a few calm minutes. 

Jake responded, lifting his head and hands. His palms settled against Jade's face and lovingly guided it down until their lips just barely brushed. As time past, they slowly moved their mouths, tasting each other, but taking all the time in the world. Jade's large hands found their way to Jake's hips, allowing him to guide their bodies closer together. 

"I love you, sir." Jake whispered against Jade's mouth before finally pulling away just enough for them to catch their breath. 

Jade's hands slipped from his waist, while one slid into Jake's hand. Feeling a faint tug toward the bathroom, Jake licked his drying lips and slowly followed Jade's own slightly hesitant steps. When they got to the doorway, Jade stopped him and lifted his hands to Jake's shoulders, making them face each other. 

"I love you, Jacob... and for tonight, please call me by my name." 

Jake's mouth parted slightly, drawing a smile from Jade as the man leaned in again and kissed him softly, then leaned back and took Jake's hands in his. 

"If you'd like to, I'd love to have you join me in the shower to help me wash my back before dinner is ready." 

Rose hasn't even started dinner... 

Realizing that they were going to be in there for a good while, Jake felt his face warm again, but he couldn't help but chuckle a little, too, as he leaned up and pressed another kiss to Jade's lips "I would love to, Jade." He said before tugging him into the bathroom and shutting the door quietly behind them.