Champion - Nico Rosberg

"Just a couple more laps, Nico" I say through the radio. Nico Rosberg is currently driving around the Yas Marina circuit in Abu Dhabi, getting closer and closer to become the World Champion of 2016. Me being his race engineer, makes it special for me as well.

"Lewis is going so slow" Nico complains, but he's just stating the obvious. Lewis is trying to back him into Vettel and Verstappen, who are running in third and fourth. If Nico falls back behind Verstappen, he loses and Lewis will be champion.

"Just keep going, you're going great" I say, getting a smile on my face as I finally see the lap counter going to the last lap. My eyes are fixed to the screen, following car number 6 around. I hold my breath as they all come round the last corner. Lewis finishes in first, Nico is second. Which means...

"Nico! You did it! You're World Champion!" I yell through the radio, causing other team members to laugh. He's worked so hard for it, giving up everything he has to achieve this.

"Yes! We did it! Thank you all so much, and thank you, Y/N!" Nico answers, emotion clear in his voice. I feel my own eyes tearing up, but I press that away.

"Y/N, go to the podium!" Toto calls to me, making me grin. I jump off my seat and run towards the cool down room, wanting to be there before Nico gets there. He is making donuts on the track, which gives me some time.

When I get there, Lewis and Sebastian are already there, shaking hands. Lewis sees me first, smiling at me.

"Congratulations, Y/N" he says, pulling me in for a hug. I smile, now feeling the tears getting back to me. I give Sebastian a hug as well, before my eyes land on my driver.

"Y/N!" he yells, running over to me. He scoops me up, hugging me tight. He has never hugged me this tightly before, but I don't mind one bit. I've developed my fair share of feelings for Nico.

"I'm so damn proud of you" I mumble, pressing my lips against his cheek. Nico chuckles, having a hard time supressing his emotions as well. Nico lets go off me and quickly hugs his team mate and Sebastian.

After doing that, he comes right back to me. He hugs me again, making me giggle. Before I know it, I'm standing next to him on the podium, seeing the team cheering for him. He sprays his champagne at me, Lewis joining him while Sebastian sprays Nico. I dug away, obviously too late.

Nico is being taken away by his press officer, going through the process of post race interviews and all. Everyone wants to speak to him, get pictures of the new World Champion. I'm talking to the other engineers, having the debrief without Nico. Everyone feels like giving him his time.

Soon enough, everyone left to go get ready for the party, while I'm in the garage, getting my stuff.

"Finally done" I turn around and see Nico's exhausted, yet excited face. I smile at him, which he returns.

"You done as well?" he asks. I nod, hanging my bag on my shoulder. Nico smiles and nods. Together, we walk out of the garage, seeing the now empty grandstands. The donuts Nico made are very visable, making me grin.

"Hey, Y/N?" Nico asks, making me look at him.

"Can I take you out, on, you know, a date?" Nico asks, his cheeks turning slightly pink. I blush as well, never having realized how Nico feels about me.

"Off course" I quickly answer, giving Nico a smile, while I try to hide my blush. Nico grins as well, nodding his head at my answer.

Later that night, I'm walking around the very busy and very loud club. The after party is held here and it's extremely busy. Drivers, team members, friends and family, everyone is here. Some drivers are already completely drunk, like Daniel Ricciardo. He's walking around with an entire bottle in his hands. I giggle at seeing him like this.

Suddenly, I feel a pair of hands on my waist, turning me around. I'm met by Nico, who is smiling at me.

"Ready for our date?" he asks, making me frown.

"Right now?"

"Right now" he takes my hand before I can say anything else, pulling me towards the back. We take the stairs up to a higher level, before we reach the roof. He helps me onto it, walking over to the railing at the end.

We look over the city of Abu Dhabi, lights filling my eyes. Abu Dhabi never fails to amaze me, as well as Nico. From out of nowhere, he hands me a glass of champagne. On the floor is a bowl with strawberries.

"Where did you find the time to do this?" I ask him, looking around more. There's even a blanket on the floor, with more food around it as well.

"I asked someone" Nico says, blushing slightly again. I smile at him, before he grabs my hands.

"Let's dance" he says, putting on some soft music. I giggle as he twirls me around. I put my arms around his neck, as his hands rest on my hips. We slowly sway along to Nico's music, enjoying each other's company.

"Can I tell you something?" Nico softly asks, twirling me around once more. I giggle and nod my head.

"I like you a little bit too much" he mumbles, looking me dead in the eye. My heart starts to beat faster, butterflies exploding in my stomach. Nico looks at me, as if he's trying to figure out what I feel.

"Y/N? Please say something" he mumbles when he realizes I haven't said anything. Instead of saying something, I stand on my tip toes and press my lips against his. Nico immediately responds, my placing his hand on the back of my neck, to hold me in place. I wasn't planning on moving away from him anytime soon, so I just tighten my arms around his neck. His arms tighten around my waist in response.

"Does that say enough?" I mumble against his lips, smiling widely.

"Yes" Nico says, before kissing me again.

------------------------------------

Request by WriterExtreme

Hope you liked it!

If you have a request, please send me a message!

xxxxx