Day 1

"Some people are artists. Some, themselves, are art."

"Natasha, I'm heading home now!" Maria shouted from the lobby. Natasha hurried to Maria to be able to say bye to her.

"Tell Sam that if he breaks your heart, I'll kill him." Natasha said, earning a laugh from Maria.

"I'll definitely not tell him that." Maria said. "Besides, I'm sure he already knows."

Natasha grinned. "I hope you lovebirds have some fun."

"See you tomorrow."

"Bye." Natasha said, before leaving some books about Picasso on the counter next to the cashier.

Maria left through the doors out of the art gallery with a small wave goodbye. Natasha smiled a bit before getting back to work. It was only Tuesday, Natasha's least favourite day for sure. Luckily, there wasn't that many people visiting the art gallery today so she could relax and enjoy some of the art herself.

Natasha walked into the bigger room, right next to the lobby where the small gift shop and café were. The walls were decorated with beautiful artworks. Some she liked more than others of course, but she absolutely loved working in such a colourful and thoughtful place. It was sometimes easy to let her thoughts drift away and simply forget that she had work to do.

Suddenly she saw a man walk around, taking pictures of the artworks. Natasha frowned and turned her heels to walk up to him.

"Excuse me, sir." Natasha said, and the man turned to look at her. A small smile appeared on his lips and Natasha raised her eyebrows. "No pictures are allowed. You're supposed to be looking at the art right in front of you."

The man smiled brighter, looking into her eyes. "I am."

Natasha frowned a little, giving him a suspicious look. She pointed at the sign right next to her saying "NO PICTURE'S ALLOWED". She looked at him. "Just.. don't take any pictures."

"You got it, ma'am."

Natasha gave him another look before walking back to the gift shop in the lobby. She sold some books, coffee and small art supplies to a few people before most visitors had left the gallery. Natasha brought a newer painting with her to put up in one of the bigger halls.

"I like that one." A voice suddenly said and Natasha turned around, seeing the same man who took photos of the paintings only a while ago stand right behind her. Natasha frowned.

"Really?" She asked, looking back at the painting.

"You don't?" The man asked. Natasha shook her head.

"I think it's rather boring actually. It doesn't give me much to reflect over. And the artist should definitely have used red instead of yellow here." She said, pointing at the coloured sky. The man looked at the painting, nodding a bit.

"I love this one though." Natasha said, looking at the artwork next to the one she just put up. The man followed along, smiling while staring at Natasha. She started going on and on about what she liked and disliked about several of the paintings. She once again got caught up in a world of colours and shapes and totally forgot that she had an actual job to do. The man listened carefully, but was way too caught up in staring at Natasha's eyes that burned with passion for these art pieces. He smiled while gazing at her.

"And this one really shows.." Natasha looked back at him. "Are you even looking at the art?"

"Yes. My eyes haven't left it." He said, still looking at Natasha who raised her eyebrows a bit.

"You know, most women usually like men who are more interested in what they say rather how they look." She said, crossing her arms over her chest.

He smiled and scratched his neck a bit. "Yes, but I do listen to what you say. It's just that we're surrounded by so many beautiful art pieces but none of them compares to you."

"Wow, that's cheesy." Natasha said.

He nodded, shrugging a bit. "It's also the truth."

Natasha turned to him, standing right in front of him.

"Not many men comes in here to find women to flirt with."

"Why would they? It's an art gallery, isn't it?"

"So why are you here then?"

"For the art, of course."

Natasha bit her lips a bit before replying. "So you actually like these paintings?"

The man shrugged his shoulders.

"I usually don't say I like things I've made but some of them are alright, I guess."

Natasha's eyes grew wide and she opened her mouth a bit in shock.

"You didn't see that coming?" He chuckled a bit.

"Wait, you're Steve Rogers? The Steve Rogers? Who made all of these paintings I just complimented and criticised?"

Steve smiled. "That would be me."

Natasha put her hands on her hips, just shaking her head a bit at her own embarrassment.

"And I must say those were indeed great reflections. I should definitely have chosen red instead of yellow for that painting over there."

"But if you made these, then how come I haven't seen you here before?" Natasha asked, wondering how she could miss this tall, blond and blue eyed hottie.

"I've been here a time or two. Four times to be exact. One of those days you weren't at work. It was a terrible bummer." Steve said and Natasha took a small step back to get a better look at his face.

She raised one eyebrow. "So you've been stalking me?"

Steve laughed. "I wouldn't exactly call it that but I appreciate the way you make me sound like a complete creep."

"What would you call it then?"

"I'm just a struggling artist who happens to put up my paintings at the same art gallery that a really beautiful woman works at, and I'm simply too shy to start talking to her."

Natasha tilted her head a bit, looking at him. "You don't seem very shy."

"Well, you did start talking to me first."

"No picture's allowed. You knew that all along." Natasha said, looking at him surprised.

Steve grinned. "Maybe."

"And I wouldn't exactly call you a struggling artist. You're pretty well known around here." Natasha said and Steve raised his shoulder a bit.

"Well, then maybe you'd agree on going out with me now that you know I'm a "well known" artist?"

Natasha frowned. "No."

"By the way.." Steve added. "I'm also a psychic because I knew that would be your answer to that question."

Natasha chuckled lightly and Steve smiled.

"I'm not going out with you." Natasha said stubbornly, but Steve could hint another smile trying to appear on her lips.

"Fine." He said. "I'll just come back here and watch the art every day in hopes you might change your mind."

"See, that's definitely stalking."

"I'll see you around, Natasha." Steve said as he started walking away from her.

"I didn't tell you my name!" She shouted after him.

"It's on your shirt." Steve said, grinning.

Natasha looked down at her shirt, seeing her name tag neatly put on the left side of her chest.

"Dammit." She mumbled and looked after Steve again, seeing him leave the gallery. Natasha bit on her lower lip while glancing over at Steve's paintings again. She couldn't help but wonder if she would get to see that artist in her gallery again. Oddly enough, a big part of her really hoped she would.