Day 8

"Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art."

"Maria, I can't come in today." Natasha said through the phone. "Remember what I said about you making Sam catch a cold? Well, I took the hit for him."

"I'm so sorry, Natasha. I'll take care of everything around here. Don't come back until you really feel better!" Maria said.

"I won't. I promise. And if.."

"If Steve's comes in today, I will tell you, yes." Maria said.

Natasha smirked.

"Thanks. I'll talk to you later."

"Bye." Maria said, hanging up the phone.

"Speaking of the devil.." Maria said to herself as Steve walked into the art gallery.

"Hey." He said, smiling. "Is Natasha around?" Steve walked up to the counter.

"Sorry pal. I just talked to her. She's stuck with a cold." Maria said.

The disappointment on Steve's face was way too clear to not notice. He nodded a bit and looked down at his feet.

"That's too bad. I hope she feels better soon." He said, meeting Maria's glance.

Maria nodded.

"So do I."

"I'll just take a coffee to go." Steve said and Maria smirked.

"Nothing to stay around for then, I assume?"

Steve smiled. "Yeah, something like that."

Maria made Steve a cup of coffee to go that he paid for this time.

"By the way, if you hurt Natasha then that'll be the last thing you do." Maria said with a smile, but her eyes were as serious as they could be.

Steve nodded.

"I would never hurt her." He said seriously, taking his coffee. "Thanks."

Maria gave him a friendly nod.

"I assume this won't be the last time I see you around here." She said, making Steve smile.

"Absolutely not."

0R+