Day 2

"In art as in love, instinct is enough."

"Natasha."

Natasha looked up from the register, seeing Steve walk into the gallery.

"Mr. Rogers." She answered, surprised that he actually came back the next day.

"It's very nice to see you again." Steve said.

"That's an expected line from a stalker." Natasha answered, making Steve smile brightly.

"I try my best."

"Clearly." Natasha said. Steve gave her another glance and a smile before continuing into the gallery.

Natasha looked after him and was soon enough snapped out of her thoughts as Maria fake coughed behind her. Natasha looked back at her and Maria raised her eyebrows, crossing her arms over her chest.

"What?" Natasha asked.

"You are clearly head over heels for that guy. Was that Steve Rogers?" Maria asked.

"Oh, shut up. I don't even know the guy." Natasha said seriously.

"You'll have a lifetime of getting to know him. Ask him out!" Maria said and Natasha chuckled.

"I'm not doing that. Besides, he already asked me out."

Maria gave Natasha a glare.

"Don't tell me you said no."

When Natasha didn't answer, Maria started whining.

"Come on, Natasha. You have nothing to lose."

"I just.. I don't think I'm ready for anything yet. It hasn't been that long since you know who." Natasha said, sighing a bit. She thought back on her previous boyfriend, who had in fact broken her heart completely. She wasn't sure she was ready to let someone in so soon. Especially since it had hurt when he left her, a lot.

"I think a year is long enough." Maria said. "But I get it. Just don't let this one slip between your fingers. It's been a long time since you looked at someone like that, and an even longer time since someone looked at you like that."

Natasha nodded a bit and Maria went back to work.

The art gallery was more crowded today than usual, leaving Natasha and Maria in a lot of work. A new artist that is very popular put up two of her paintings in their gallery and that attracted a lot of costumers to the gallery. Natasha was busy the entire day with selling coffee, books and art supplies but also giving a few people a small tour, explaining the art works and who the artist were. While talking about a painting, she noticed Steve on the other side of the room, sitting on one of the benches. He gave her a small smile, making Natasha forget her next words for a few seconds. She quickly remembered however and continued her tour around the gallery.

The day soon came to its end and Natasha and Maria both poured a cup of coffee for themselves.

"Okay, it's been very long since I've worked that hard." Maria said, laughing.

Natasha joined in her laugh, absolutely exhausted from the busy day.

"How was your date with Sam yesterday?" Natasha asked.

Maria frowned. "Absolutely terrible."

"Really?"

"No, he's such a sweetheart. I think I might be in love, Natasha." Maria said, sighing.

Natasha smiled, happy to hear those words escape her friend's lips.

"That's amazing."

"Hopefully." Maria smiled. "I just hope this one doesn't turn out to be a jerk like the previous one."

"I did warn you about that Tony Stark guy." Natasha reminded her.

"That you did." Maria said with a nod. "I should listen to you more often." Maria chuckled.

"Yeah, I get that a lot." Natasha said, smirking.

Maria and Natasha finished the last of their work and cleaned up in the small café. Maria soon glanced at Steve sitting on a bench in the gallery, reading some book.

"I can't believe he's been here since this morning." Maria said and Natasha glanced at him as well.

"He may be an artist but he's definitely not a hardworking one." Natasha said, handing Maria a few books to put up on a shelf. "I'll be right back."

"You go girl." Maria said with a laugh, earning a glare from Natasha.

Natasha walked up to Steve who didn't notice her until she was only a few feet away from him.

"Natasha. Busy day?" He asked.

"Busier than yours, for sure." She answered.

"What do you mean? I've worked hard all day. Getting your attention isn't the easiest, I must say."

Natasha smiled a bit.

"We're closing, so you need to leave." She simply said and Steve closed his book and stood up.

"Do you want to grab a coffee?"

"No thanks, I just had a cup."

Steve smirked. "I'll see you tomorrow then, Natasha."

"You really weren't kidding about that coming back every day thing, were you?"

Steve looked into her eyes. "I hope you have a great night." He said with that same handsome smile on his lips.

"You too." Natasha said and Steve left the gallery.

Natasha walked back to Maria who shook her head. "Wow." Maria said.

Natasha nodded. "Yeah, I know."