Day 9

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures."

Natasha was lying home on her couch, sipping on some hot tea wrapped up in not only two, but three blankets. She felt a bit better than yesterday but this cold and terrible headache made her really dizzy. She slept as much as she could and when she didn't she was quite upset that she couldn't be at work. She really missed working. Actually, that was a complete lie. She missed "bumping into" someone at work.

Maria had a pretty calm day at work, giving her lots of time to text Sam. It didn't take long until Steve walked into the gallery. He looked at Maria immediately and she shook her head.

"She's still at home."

Steve nodded sadly, walking up to the counter.

"Is it a normal cold?"

"It seems that way, yes."

"There's this green tea she should try. My mom always gave it to me whenever I was sick. It still works." Steve grabbed a pen and scribbled down the description of the tea on a piece of paper before handing it to Maria.

Maria took the note and read it. "Thanks, I'll pick it up and give it to her after work."

Steve smiled. "Great. I hope you have a great day." Steve said before turning to leave.

Maria laughed. "You too, Steve. You too."

After work, Maria did as she had said. She quickly drove by the nearest grocery store and picked up the green tea Steve had told her about. She also grabbed some of Natasha's favourite candy, knowing she probably had nothing yummy to eat at home.

When Maria knocked on the door and Natasha opened, she couldn't help but to let out a laugh.

"Wow, Natasha."

"What?" Natasha said annoyed.

"You look absolutely terrible." Maria said.

Natasha's long red hair was a mess. Her face was really pale and her eyes looked more tired than ever.

"Are you even resting?" Maria asked, stepping into the apartment. Natasha went back to the couch and wrapped herself into all of the blankets again.

"Yes, but nightmares usually don't make you feel well rested." Natasha mumbled, switching channels on the TV.

"They're back?" Maria asked. Natasha had had a lot of problems with nightmares before but for a while they had almost disappeared completely.

"There's nothing more comforting than waking up and thinking your skin is on fire." Natasha said with a sigh. "Hopefully they'll disappear along with this cold."

"About your cold.." Maria said, picking up the tea from her bag. "Steve tipped me about this tea. It's a really good cure for the normal cold. Well, at least that's what he said. His mom used to give it to him all the time apparently."

Natasha smiled as his name was mentioned.

"So he came to the gallery?"

"Yesterday and today. But as soon as he found out you were sick, he left just as quickly as he got there." Maria said, smiling a bit at her friend's happy reaction.

Maria threw the bag of candy to her, earning another smile from Natasha. "Thanks."

"I sure hope this tea works. I suspect you'll come to work with a cold otherwise." Maria said as she went into Natasha's kitchen to make the tea ready.

"You know me too well, Maria."