Day 3

Art it not what you see, but what you make others see."

Natasha stood with her back leaned against the counter, staring out through the window at the blue sky. This would have been a perfect day to lay by the beach and getting tanned, but she couldn't escape work. She hadn't seen Steve all day and she started doubting that he actually would come back every day as he had said. After all, no guy had ever been that determined to go on a date with her. Well, he was definitely not the first guy who had asked her out but if she ever said no, the guys usually moved along to the next girl.

Natasha came back to earth as someone coughed, making Natasha's thoughts disappear into the air.

"Rogers." Natasha said surprised. "When did you get in here?"

Steve smiled at her choice to call him by his last name only.

"A few minutes ago, but you were too caught up by the blue sky to even notice me. This is exactly what I mean, it's really hard to get your attention." He said with a boyish grin.

"What can I help you with?" Natasha asked in a more professional way.

"I'd like a coffee, please."

"Why? Getting less sleep than usual? I've never seen you drinking any coffee during these two days." Natasha said, realising she might show a bit too much interest in whether or not he drinks coffee every day.

"No, why? Are you?" Steve asked with that same grin.

"Why would I sleep less than usual?"

"Maybe you're lying awake all night thinking of some stranger that visits you at work every day." Steve said, and Natasha cursed in her head.

She had in fact had a hard time falling asleep the night before. Her thoughts simply wondered over this Steve guy and why he showed so much interest in her. She hadn't been able to fall asleep until around 2am for that exact reason.

"Nope." Natasha said, handing him his coffee.

Steve's eyes met hers and they stood quiet for a few seconds, just gazing into each other's eyes.

"Excuse me, I'm in a bit of a hurry." An older lady behind Steve burst out and Steve open his mouth in surprise. Neither of them had noticed the older lady and Steve's cheeks turned a pink colour, making Natasha smirk.

Steve pulled out his wallet to pay for the coffee but Natasha shook her head.

"It's on me." Natasha said and Steve smiled.

"Thank you. Hopefully I can return the favour really soon." Steve said before stepping out of the line, giving space for the old lady to walk up to the counter.

Steve gave Natasha a nod before walking out of the gallery, leaving Natasha a bit disappointed that he didn't stay longer than that. But she couldn't exactly expect him to stay all day. He had a work to do as well, after all.

Natasha helped the old lady buy a book of art works and wrapped it into a gift. She handed it to the woman in a bag and wished her a good day. The old woman thanked her, and left.

Natasha decided to close up early since they didn't have many costumers on this extremely sunny day anyway. Hopefully she could get home in time to get a bit tanned by the lake near her apartment building.