Day 12

"It's quite fascinating how a single person can become more interesting than all artworks in the world combined."

Steve woke up the next morning happier than ever. Last night took him by surprise but he was so relieved his feelings weren't one sided. Natasha had such a big effect on him that she even took over his work. She was the only thing on his mind so whenever Steve tried to sketch something, her face was the only thing that appeared on the paper. He desperately tried not to sketch her but eventually gave up and detailed every lock of her hair as correctly as he could by memory.

He got out of bed, got dressed and made himself a sandwich that he swallowed in three bites, excited to go to the museum once again. He looked out of his window, seeing the sun shine bright on the blue sky and he smiled. He couldn't wait to spend the rest of the day with Natasha.

Once he gotten to the museum, he was surprised to see Natasha stand outside in the sun. Her face was turned up against the sky and she had her eyes closed as the sun warmed her face. Steve took in the sight.

"Natasha?" Steve said, and she opened her eyes, looking his way.

"You're late." She said.

"I didn't know I had a schedule." He said, smirking. "Are you waiting for me?" She nodded.

"I'm not letting you into the museum." She said, her voice determined.

"What?" He said with a chuckle.

"I can't let you sit inside all day doing nothing, especially with this weather." She said stubbornly.

"Well, unfortunately for you, this is a public museum and you can't keep me from entering. And I still stand by promise. I won't leave until you agree to go out with me." He said, just as stubborn.

"But I do."

"You do what?"

"I agree to go out with you."

Steve smiled. "Really?"

"You know, I wasn't kissing you that intensely last night because I want to be your friend." She said, making Steve blush at the memory of her beautiful body pressed so close to his.

Natasha smiled at his reaction.

"So you admit defeat?" He asked.

"I never lose. I just.. break the rules now and then." She said, smirking.

"Well then, can I have your number ma'am? Since I need to call you to make plans for the date you so lovingly crave."

"Shut up." Natasha said with a smile as she grabbed her phone, putting her number in it.

"You better not give me a fake one." He said.

"Dammit." Natasha mumbled jokingly.

Once Natasha had given back Steve his phone, the two of them just stood there, looking at each other.

"You're really not letting me into the museum today, are you?"

"Nope."

"Just ten minutes?" She shook her head. "Wait, isn't it Saturday today? Why are you even working?" Steve asked, surprised he had forgotten it himself.

"Maria had a great date last night. And this morning." She said, chuckling.

"I'm glad."

"Go home, Steve."

"I don't want to."

"You have to. I can't quite focus on my job otherwise."

"You like me that much, huh?"