Day 15

"You're my favourite work of art."

TODAY

Natasha took a sip of her coffee, feeling almost depressed. She loved her work, but being there almost every day made her a little tired of it sometimes. She hadn't been able to see Steve last night either as she had promised him because she had to stay at work for the rest of the night. Maria's mother had become ill and needed to be taken care of, and Brock couldn't manage the gallery by himself just yet. So Natasha didn't have a choice but to give Steve a call saying she couldn't make it. He understood, of course, but she sure missed him. For now, she was waiting for the moment she got to go home for the day. Which was, she looked down at her watch, in five hours. She sighed.

"Are these paintings supposed to be taken down?" Brock's voice was heard.

Natasha followed it into one of the bigger rooms in the gallery.

"Oh no!" Natasha said. "I don't think I'll ever take those down." She said, smiling while she looked at Steve's paintings on the wall.

"Are you sure? They've been hanging here for weeks and according to what you told me the other day you only keep paintings up for.."

"I am sure, yes." Natasha interrupted and Brock laughed.

"If you say so."

Natasha nodded, glanced at the paintings one last time before she made her way back to the register. It was a pretty slow day in general. There wasn't a single soul who entered the gallery in two hours which made time go even slower. And the fact that Natasha was pretty much staring at the clock on the wall the whole time definitely didn't help.

"Hey, Tasha! Could you show me where those notepads were again? I can't quite remember." Brock said as he came towards her.

"Of course." She smiled and walked to the storage room where they keep the supplies with Brock close behind her.

"Top shelf, to the right. It's quite difficult to miss, actually." She said.

"So is this ass of yours." Brock mumbled right before his hand squeezed her ass.

Natasha frowned and turned around, slapping his hand away.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

"You like it a bit rough, right?" He said with a sly grin, before suddenly pressing Natasha against the wall.

"Get your hands off me!" Natasha screamed and managed to punch him in the face.

"Quiet!" He growled and pressed his lips against hers.

Natasha fought against him and managed to aim a kick right against his crotch. Brock groaned and laughed in pain before he tightened his fist and threw the next punch right at Natasha's face.

Steve whined a little. She was supposed to be here three minutes ago. He shook his head at himself. It can't be normal to be this obsessed with one woman, can it? Well, either way, he couldn't put a stop to it. He was on a rollercoaster of emotions and he never seemed to stop enjoying the ride. Steve sat up straighter in the couch and looked at his phone. Maybe he should call her? Make sure she is on her way home safely? It is 9pm after all and a little dark outside.. He let his head fall back on the couch in frustration. It's only 9pm and Natasha was very capable of getting home safely by herself. But a call wouldn't hurt? He was just about to pick up his phone when three knocks landed on his door. Steve basically jumped up from the couch and hurried to the door.

"How dare you be seven minutes late.. I've been.." Steve began before the words disappeared from his tongue.

"Well, in my defence I got a painting delivered to the gallery right before closing." Natasha said with a grin.