Day 10

"In a room full of art, I'd still stare at you."

Natasha was back at work the next day. That tea Steve had suggested worked awfully well. It was either that or her own determination. She took a picture of the tea to keep in her phone anyway, just in case she'd loose the tea or forget the name of it. Maria was happy to have Natasha back at work. It wasn't always a crowded gallery but it was much easier being two working than one. But there was someone who was even happier to see Natasha at work..

"Steve." Natasha smiled as he walked into the gallery, but he smiled even brighter.

"Natasha." He said, walking up to her right away. "How are you feeling?"

"Much better, thanks. That tea really helped." She said with a smile.

"Oh you tried it? I'm telling you, it works every time." He said, looking at her.

Both of them realised they hadn't much else to say to each other so they stood quiet for a while before Maria interrupted their moment.

"Nat, I could use some help with these boxes.." She said, stopping herself from continuing the sentence as she saw Steve. "Unless you rather wanna do someone else."

"I'll be right there, Maria." Natasha interrupted before Maria had time to finish the sentence.

"I'll just read over there for a while." Steve said and Natasha smiled.

"Yeah." She said, giving him a last look before walking over to Maria to help her carry art supplies to the storage.

"Is there anything else I can help you with?" Natasha asked one of her customers. A woman with her little baby stood by the register and had just bought a coffee.

"Actually, I know it's a lot to ask, especially from a stranger but could you watch my daughter only for a few minutes? I desperately need to use the bathroom." The woman asked.

Natasha raised her eyebrows a bit surprised but nodded. "Well, of course. The bathroom is over there." She said, smiling at the little baby girl she was handed.

"Thank you!" The woman said before quickly disappearing towards the rest room.

"Hey there." Natasha said to the little girl. Natasha put her down on the counter, still having her hands around the girl's waist so she wouldn't fall.

"Aren't you a little cutie?" Natasha said and chuckled a bit as the baby made a cute little sound. Natasha poked the girl's nose carefully, earning a small laugh from her. Natasha laughed as well, making Steve look up from his book.

"Oh dear God." He burst out as he saw Natasha with the child. Natasha carried the girl up in her arms again and put her on her hip. She then found a small pet animal from the gift shop that she gave to the little girl who took it in her hands happily. Natasha smiled, stroking the little girl's hand with her thumb.

"You know.." Maria began and Steve jumped in fear, not realising she had walked up right beside him. "You have to stop looking at her in that way or the other visitors might think you're planning on eating her."

"Isn't that the cutest thing you've ever seen?" Steve asked Maria who turned her eyes to Natasha and the little baby.

"Yeah."

The woman came back from the bathroom soon enough with a smile on her face as she realised her daughter hadn't been much trouble.

"Thank you so much." The woman said, and Natasha handed her little girl back to her.

"Anytime." Natasha said. "And she can keep the toy, no one buy those things anyway."

"That's so kind of you. Thank you again." Natasha smiled.

The woman started walking out of the gallery and Natasha waved to the little girl who still had her eyes on Natasha. The girl waved back, making Natasha smile even brighter.

"Between you and me.." Steve suddenly said to Maria without taking his eyes off Natasha. "I'm marrying her one day."

Maria looked at Steve with a smile. "I actually hope you're right."

"Oh, I am. I'm a psychic." Steve said.

"You're a what?" Maria asked confused. Steve just smiled.