Chapter 1: The Reaping

THIS HUNGER GAMES IS DIFFERENT. THERE ARE NO DISTRICTS IN THIS, JUST RANDOM TRIBUTES. THERE IS ALSO NO OPENING CEREMONIES AND INTERVIEWS. HOPE YOU ENJOY! :)

Also, this story may seem lame at first, but once it gets to the Games, it is a LOT better. If you don't like before the Games, skip to the Games if you have to, which begin in chapter six.

One more thing. Sorry about the terrible names. When I wrote this, I couldn't make up names for my life!

Thank you!

-Cole

_________________________________

Happy Minecraft Hunger Games, and may Notch be ever in your favor!

The words horrible and terrifying words echoed in Billy Pinned's head as he headed to the reaping.

As he walked through the city, he observed his surroundings. Whoever had designed this city was a great player. The bank with the sign that look exactly like a dollar bill, the perfectly centered red cross on the huge hospital sign; he couldn't have done this in a lifetime. The only flaw: it wasn't a very big development. He was almost there already. He could see the huge obsidian stage from where he was.

Happy Minecraft Hunger Games, and may Notch be ever in your favor!

The words were still wandering around the inside of his head. He really hoped he didn't get reaped. If he did, he knew he would die right away.

The Minecraft Hunger Games were simple: you are set in an arena with 23 other people. You kill each other and try to survive. The last one standing is the champion, called the "victor", and gets to live in the Victors' Village. The victor is given a mansion in the Victors' Village, which is where all the victors lived lots of diamonds, emeralds, nether quartz, and other rare minerals; a life-time supply of food, like golden apples and cooked meats (If he did happen to actually win, he would ask that they don't give him any porkchops. He can't stand the fact that people kill pigs for their survival. They're so cute, with their bit head when they're babies, and their curly little tails...); and even some delicacies like cookies and cake.

Billy would be so sad if he was reaped. He knew he would have no chance. One year, a player with a wooden sword beat somebody with an enchanted diamond sword and a player who was a genius, and even someone who was both!

Billy didn't notice it at first, he had to look around. But as soon as he did, he noticed that he was there already! What a small town, he thought.

He looked around. The stage was made of obsidian, and the ground around it was cobblestone. It was getting so old, 88 years so far, that some of the blocks were becoming mossy cobblestone blocks!

The escort suddenly appeared out of nowhere on the pitch black obsidian stage.

Ender pearl, Billy thought. She's trying to be fancy.

"Welcome to the annual reaping of the Minecraft Hunger Games!" She said loudly. Steven could feel everyone trembling with fear already. "Boy, am I glad I have no chance of being reaped!" She chuckled, but then saw no one was laughing and cleared her throat. "Sorry. As I was saying, 24 of you unfortunate avatars-"

"We're avatars?" a little twelve year old burst out from the crowd, causing everybody to laugh.

"Yes," the escort replied. "And I am too."

"Oh," the twelve year old said. "Okay."

"As I was saying," the escort continued. "24 of you will be reaped." She looked like she was staring straight at Billy. "You will be forced to participate in the Minecraft Hung-"

"Will I be reaped?" the same twelve year old asked, and everyone laughed even louder than before. A grin was even crossing the boy's face, meaning he was doing it on purpose.

"I don't know," the escort replied impatiently, her face growing red. "We'll just have to wait and see."

"Oh," the boy said again. "Okay."

"As I was saying..." she repeats, pausing a moment to see if the boy will interrupt again. But he didn't, and she finally got to finish. 24 of you will be forced to participate in the 88th Annual Hunger Games. In the Hunger Games, you are set in an arena to fight to the death, bla, bla, bla. You all know how it goes. But who will be reaped? That seems to be the question every year! Happy Minecraft Hunger Games, and may Notch be ever in your favor! Now without further ado, let the reaping begin!"

There was an uneasy shift in the crowd as everyone shuddered at the unpleasant thought of being reaped.

The escort walked over to a button and pressed it, causing 24 pens and quills to fall out. She opened them one at a time and read the names as she did.

"Al Moninto, Joe Baker, Steve Icko, Cooper Cooper, Chloe Climton, Perry Johnson, Beth Blickoe, Angel Indo, Ben Hickory, Jason Pixtel, Dylan Billy-Bob Jr. The Third, John Minnose, Jack Steven, Leo Windell, Philip Bob, Grace Gallonster, Andrew Uno, Dornic Usher, Kaden Ticky, Nicholas Pampo, Rob Steven, Justin Toiler, Tyler Joe-Bob, and..." everyone watched the last pen and quill fall and the reaper read it. "Billy Pinned."

---------------------------------------------------

A/N

Thanks guys this is my first story and that was my first chapter ever on wattpad thanks and I hope you enjoyed. Thanks!

-Cole