Chapter 8: Heroes Can Be Bad (Day 3)

A/N

hi i hope youre enoying the story so far

okay read now

-Cole

_____________________________

Perry Johnson sat up in his tree as soon as he heard the sound. But when he realized what it was, he lay back down.

Just a cannon, he assured himself. Somebody died.

Perry looked around and observed his surroundings. He noticed the sun was already rising. But why? The Gamemakers must've been anxious for the second challenge to begin.

Perry and looked around some more. He quickly noticed two tributes standing in the same tree. They faced each other, ready to fight, but neither of them had weapons, ust their bare hands. He looked closer and recognized them as Ben Hickory and Angel Indo. They had both gotten low training scores, so he knew it might be an evenly matched fight. Probably boring to watch, but it might provide some entertainment.

Perry sat back against the leaf block that was one higher than all the others to watch the fight. For a minute, they just circled the perimeter of the tree, but suddenly Angel swung and missed and they charged one another.

Once they charged, all they did was they kept They hitting one another until Ben finally stepped away.

Ben was near the edge of the tree, so Angel took this opportunity to charge. He was planning to hit Ben and knock him out of the tree, but things didn't go as planned. Instead, Ben stepped out of the way and Angel missed and fell off the tree and plummetted into the lava.

Why didn't he stop? Perry wondered as the cannon fired. That was a bad way to die.

Perry looked over and noticed Ben hopping towards his tree. Perry pulled out his bow and arrows and shot him twice. Then Ben ran away with six hearts left.

Perry leaned back and looked into the sky. The sun was halfway across the sky, which meant that day's challenge was going to begin soon.

And that was when a hole in the top of the arena formed and somebody was lowered onto a tree. I can get out! Perry thought excitedly. But then the hole was rebuilt and they were enclosed in the arena again.

The new person had been placed on a tree in the middle of nowhere, which meant he was stuck. But then he started flying. He landed in on a tree in the middle of the forest.

Perry took a closer look at him and realized who it was, with his diamond sword, glowing eyes, his creepy smile.

The second challenge was Herobrine.

****************************************

Cooper Cooper trembled in fear as Herobrine stood before him. H-h-he's here! thought Cooper. I-I'm not g-gonna live through this challenge.

Herobrine stood there with his creepy little smile and glowing eyes. His diamond sword was ready, of course.

Cooper just stood there for a moment, but then he suddenly took off running, hopping from tree to tree. He took out his diamond sword in case Herobrine caught up to him.

Cooper looked up and saw Herobrine flying above him, close enough to hit. So he whacked him with his sword twice, then started sprinting.

Cooper reached a tree with someone in it, but he didn't bother getting their attention. It would be one less tribute to deal with.

Cooper went a few trees ahead, then looked back. Herobrine had lowered to the ground and was now hitting the tribute. The tribute hit Herobrine twice, but he had no weapon, so they were weak hits with his fist.

Eventually, a cannon fired signaling that tribute's death, and Herobrine rose into the air once again. He went in the direction they were going before, but Cooper had outsmarted him. He had gone in the direction they had come from.

But it was lucky for Herobrine, because there were 10 tributes in his path who didn't know what was coming.

****************************************

Steve Ickoe just HAD to follow Al Moninto. All it did was bring him to the second challenge, Herobrine.

There were ten tributes facing Herobrine. A few were careers. Apparently, Herobrine still had 54 hearts, so he was gonna be hard to kill.

Steve took out his bow (enchanted with flaming two) and shot Herobrine. He caught on fire. Then someone began hitting him withy their diamond sword. Herobrine finally got the fire off of him, but he only had 38 hearts left.

They kept battling like this, but Steve accidentally hit someone else in the tree, and Herobrine managed to kill someone.

Finally, Herobrine was down to 3 hearts. He tried to fly away, but Steve managed to hit him. Finally, he fell, dead, dropping lots of diamonds. Steve sprinted and collected them all first, fending off other tributes and hitting them, and then ran away as the sun began to set.

Steve made camp on a tree. He had gotten a chest from the Cornucopia, which he placed his stuff in and hid in the leaves. Then he sat back and ate some cooked chickens.

Minecraft music began to play, and the names and faces of the tributes who had died that day appeared in the sky. First Justin Toiler, then Angel Indo, Nicholas Pampo, Ben Hickory, and Jason Pixtel. Then the music stopped and the sky went dark again. 5 people had died that day, which meant there were 11 tributes left.

Steve was so proud of himself. He was one of the remaining 11 tributes. But that wasn't the only reason he was proud.

He had killed the almighty Herobrine.