Chapter 6: Let the Games Begin! (Day 1)

A/N

hey sorry it took so long to update. so anyways... you might have been getting mad about the short chapters, but that is ending right now. the chapters will start becoming longer because one chapter=one day of the games. so yeah. enjoy!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Beth Blickoe darted towards the Cornucopia, a big horn like the ones you see on Thanksgiving made out of gold blocks that had a ton of supplies for the games, as soon as the jukebox started playing. The Cornucopia is the place where the most deaths took place because every one was going for supplies and they were all in the same area. They all want the food, armour, weapons, etc. for the games.

There was a chest right in front of Beth. Hoping it was something good, she opened it. But all she found was a wooden sword. Lame. So she went to another chest that was right outside the Cornucopia, probably about 3 blocks away, which had gold boots enchanted with feather falling one. A little better. She quickly put them on, then made one of the biggest dares there are in the Hunger Games: to go inside Cornucopia.

It was dark on the inside, but there were lots of chests. Beth opened a chest near the front, which had a weak potion of healing. She decided that there were probably better things in the back, so that's where she went.

When Beth went to the back of the Cornucopia, she opened three chests. The first one only had an iron sword. The second one had a bow and 128 arrows. The last one had 64 cooked beefs. Pretty good stuff, but, in all, the stuff she collected only took up 6 slots in her inventory. She thought she needed more armour.

Beth decided not to risk collecting more armour and hurried out of the Cornucopia. She found that there were still tributes fighting. She noticed a tribute kill another one, then Beth took her bow out of her inventory. She noticed it was enchanted with flaming two, which meant it would shoot flaming arrows. She drew her bow, then shot a random tribute, who burst into flames and eventually died.

Beth hurried into the trees and kept running for a while. After running for what seemed like long enough, she began collecting wood for more supplies.

************************************************************************************************************

Andrew Uno stayed up in his tree. He was not going down. Ever.

He watched as tributes started running away from the Cornucopia. When everyone was gone, there were two Steves left laying there.Then two cannons fired. 22 tributes left.

Andrew was suprised that only two people had died. It was usually at least five.

He decided to get over his fear and go to get some supplies at the Cornucopia. He hadn't gotten anything when thee jukebox turned on, and he won't be able to survive with no supplies. Luckily, there was no one there when he hopped off the tree, so maybe he could get his supplies in peace. If there was any left. It did take a while for everyone to clear out, especiallly the better and more confident ones. It might've been because they took almost everything.

Andrew hopped off his tree, causing him to lose one heart. He ran into the Cornucopia and looked in a chest. Gold sword. Okay.

He kept looking through chests until he had a splash potion of poison, a bow and 64 arrows, 27 cooked beefs, the gold sword, and 2 potions of healing.

But that wasn't enough. It only took up 7 slots i his inventory. He decided that needed one more thing.

Andrew went to the back of the Cornucopia and looked for hidden chests. He looked for a while, but he didn't find any. But he did find a lever.

Curious about what it would do, Andrew pulled the lever and heard the sound of pistons activating behind him. He turned around, and where a wall used to be, there was now a small room with a chest. He opened it and found one of the best things you can have in the Minecraft Hunger Games. A map.

A map! He could use it to find out where the other tributes were!

Andrew held the map in his hands. On it, there were 22 things that showed where a tribute was. This was not happening.

Andrew put it in his inventory and held his gold sword. He walked out of the Cornucopia proudly and decided to go back to his tree.

Andrew climbed his tree and settled in. He had brought a chest back from the Cornucopia to put his stuff in. He then hid it in the leaves to make sure no one stole his supplies. He decided to camp out there tonight.

But it wasn't long until somebody found him.

Andrew's visitor stood in his tree and stared at him for a moment. But suddenly, he began hitting him with his wooden sword. Andrew had a gold sword, so he could have easily defeated him, but he got freaked out instead.

When Andrew had only one and a half hearts left, he jumped out of the tree, losing 1 heart like last time. He ran away with just half of a heart and his golden sword.

The intruder noticed Andrew's chest and opened it. When he noticed the bow and arrows, he took them out and shot at Andrew. He barely missed, but he didn't care. He had all of Andrew's supplies except the gold sword. Even the map.

Which meant Tyler Joe Bob had the only map in the games.

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Yeah, so sorry it took so long to update. But the games was worth the wait right? Okay maybe not, it's okay if you're mad at me. But these next few chapters are gonna be great, I promise. So yeah.

Vote, comment, and follow!

-Cole