Chapter 10: These Tributes Are On Fire!! (Day 5)

Tyler Joe Bob knew he could do it. He could win. He was surprised with the girls, though. There were only three in the first place, and there were still two left, Grace Gallonster and Beth Blickoe. He knew he could take them down, though.

Tyler grabbed his diamond sword and looked around. There were no other tributes in sight, which was good because no one could attack him, but it was bad because there were no other tributes to kill. He knew that if he wanted to win, he might as well go ahead and try to kill the other tributes. Maybe he had stolen a ton of supplies from Andrew Uno during the first night of the Games, but it has been a few days, and he was running out of food quickly.

Tyler leaped across the trees for about two minutes. Then he stopped and looked around. There was still no one in sight. He hopped a few more trees over and could see someone in the distance. He eagerly made his way to the tree next to him. But as soon as he got there, he realized he was an idiot. Why hadn't he just used his map to find another tribute? He slapped himself in the face.

Tyler turned his attention back to the tribute. He looked closer and saw that it was Al Moninto. He was holding a gold sword and looked terrified. But Tyler wasn't gonna fall for it. People had done this before, pretending to be scared and harmless and then suddenly they are vicious fighters. People would underestimate them and go to kill them, but then they would be killed easily by the "weak" tribute. So he grabbed his diamond sword and started making his way towards Al. Sure enough, as soon as Tyler got there, Al switched to a diamond sword and started hitting, blocking, hitting, blocking. Eventually, he knocked Tyler off the tree and smiled. Easy. But just like Billy the previous day, his smile faded when there was no cannon fire. Tyler had once again pulled off his trick, going towards the tree trunk while still in the air and placing a block for him to land on. He had proven that dirt actually WAS useful.

Al kept looking over the edge, getting a bit too close, not in stealth mode. Suddenly, Tyler mined through he top of the tree and quickly knocked Al off before he could be seen, and Al fell plainly into the lava without a scream, having no idea what had just happened . He didn't know about the trick. Tyler listened to the cannon fire and smiled wickedly.

Just like that, there were only eight tributes left.

Suddenly, there was someone flying below him putting grass blocks everywhere. It looked like they were where the ground use to be. He cocked his head in confusion and worry. Had Herobrine returned for his revenge? Was this a trick, so that the people would jump down? Maybe it was supposed to be too high, and when you jumped down, you would die. But as he studied the ground, he realized that there was no harm in jumping down. There was no trap. It was a Gamemaker! And they were actually rebuilding the ground!

Tyler thanked Notch and jumped down as soon as he could. It felt nice for him to be on be ground again. He was scared, having to stay up there. Every time he jumped, he shivered at the fact that maybe his jump wasn't far enough. Maybe he was gonna fall and die, just like that!

Tyler noticed that some tributes were still in the trees, though. Either because they were just too used to it and figured they could survive because no one would suspect them to still be up there or because they hadn't noticed the ground was back.

And then the trees caught fire. All at the same time.

Tyler looked out in the distance and saw a figure fall out of a tree, and the figure was on fire. It fell to the ground and a cannon fired.

Tyler decided to find out who it was. He went up to the figure and looked at it. It was a girl, who he recognized as Grace Gallonster.

Tyler saw Grace's items spread out around Grace's body. He took her iron sword and her fire resistance potion. Wait, what? Fire resistant potion! Why didn't she drink it? It would've saved her life!

BOOM!

Another tribute dead.

Tyler looked down at his map. It was time to kill off the other five tributes. These Games had lasted long enough already.

*********************************

Cooper Cooper was still alive, and that's why he had gotten a 10 in training.

Cooper looked over at the body, Philip Bob, and collected his stuff, which lie on the ground around him.

Cooper watched the rest of the trees burn until there was nothing left except a flat, barren plain of grass. Since the world was completely flat, you could see any tribute within a 50-block radius. The only thing left other then the ground and the tributes and their supplies was the Cornucopia.

The Games were getting dangerous. It was day 5, which was too long for even the Gamemakers. Cooper knew the Gamemakers would try and do anything to end these Games, so that they could get out of the room they were stuck in, get their pay, and go home.

Cooper could barely see the Cornucopia. He was prepared for anything.

And as the sun set, Cooper decided that the Games would end the next day, one way or another.

*********************************

A/N

Hey, sorry it took me so long to update. Two chapters left!!!

Vote, comment, and follow!

-Cole