Chapter 11: Let's End This (Day 6)

Hey guys! I think I'm gonna finish the book today. Enjoy!

_______________________

Gamemaker's POV

I pressed the button and looked into the arena. Sure enough, the names and faces of the dead tributes from day 5 appeared in the sky. Al Moninto, Grace Gallonster, and Philip Bob.

I went over to another button and pressed it. I waited for a moment, and then the edges of the arena began to explode, leaving nothing but bare air. This continued until the world was much smaller, about 30 blocks by 30 blocks. I looked around and noticed that a tribute had fallen off the edge and into the endless void, causing death, so I called over to my friend, Sammy Jay, the Head Gamemaker, who fired a cannon.

I decided to make an announcement. I walked over to the jukeboxes. The other Gamemakers and I have been specially trained with these things, so I played them so that it sounded like someone was saying, "Starting now, all dead tributes' name and face will be shown in the sky as soon as they perish. Thank you, and good luck!"

I went through the remaining tributes in my head. Steve Ickoe, Cooper Cooper, Perry Johnson, Beth Blickoe, and Tyler Joe Bob. 5 tributes alive for the finale. Now let the action and fun begin. I couldn't help but let a grin spread across my face.

Finally. My fellow Gamemakers and I got to take a break. Having to stay up for 6 days and having to make sure everything was perfect having to watch the Games was causing fatigue. At least it's an entertaining job.

We all sat down and looked down through the glass floor. We were hanging way up in the air, just like every year. How we are able to work out the patterns of the redstone, I don't know, but we manage to do it every year.

There was one tribute in each corner of the remaining part of the arena and one on top of the Cornucopia. Beth Blickoe, top left (at least from what it looked like from way up there); Perry Johnson, top right; Tyler Joe Bob, bottom left; Steve Ickoe, bottom right, and Cooper Cooper on top of the Cornucopia.

We watched and watched, but no one moved. I sighed and got up. I pressed a button and a fire charge flew out of a dispenser towards each of them. They all saw them coming and jumped out of the way. They got the message and charged.

After about five minutes of fighting, still no one died. They had all charged the Cornucopia and began swinging their swords randomly, not knowing who they hit if they did hit anyone.

The sudden fire of a cannon startled everyone except Sammy Jay, who was the cause. We all wondered who it was, but then we saw Sammy press a button and Perry Johnson's face appeared in the sky.

Cooper got back on the Cornucopia and the Steve followed. But Cooper knocked him off with a swing of his sword, and Tyler and Beth swarmed Steve, who was on the ground, until another cannon fired. We all knew it would be Steve. But we were supprised when we saw Beth's face in the sky. Dang, Sammy can see!

3 tributes left.

I smiled and looked around at my friends, who were smiling too. And no wonder. This was the best part of the Games!

I watched intently as Cooper, Steve, and Tyler, the remaining tributes, fought to the death. Cooper pushed Steve to the edge of the remaining arena. Here comes a death, I thought. Cooper whacked Steve, but he kept his balance and whacked Cooper back. Cooper had only one heart left, so he turned and ran away from Steve. But when he was far enough away, his food bar ran out. He had no food, and he quickly starved to death.

BOOM!

Cooper's name and faace appeared in the sky.

2 tributes left.

Steve and Tyler faced each other. The fight was on.

Tyler swung his diamond sword and hit Steve. Steve swung back, and that quickly they were both down to 3 hearts.

Tyler ran into the Cornucopia and opened a random chest. A splash potion of poison! I bet he was extremely happy.

Tyler went out with his diamond sword. Steve had seen what he got and was hiding. So Tyler took his potion and threw it up in the air. He didn't know where it landed, but he was sure it didn't hit Steve.

Then he heard the sound of someone getting hurt.

Tyler jumped for joy and ran around the Cornucopia like crazy., waving his hands in the air excitedly and screaming happy comments really loudly. He had done it! He had won the 88th Annual Minecraft Hunger Games!

Tyler waited for us to make a path for him to leave the arena, by we didn't. He didn't know.

Tyler's expression became confused. Why weren't we letting him out?

He looked around for a solution. When he looked at the Cornucopia, he saw Steve standing on top of it, drinking a potion. He finished it and chucked it out of sight, then looked down at Tyler proudly. He hopped off, enchanted diamond sword in hand.

"Oh, it's really on now," Steve snarled.

"HOW ARE YOU ALIVE!?!?" Tyler asked/yelled.

Steve grinned. "Healing potion."

Tyler frowned. Then he suddenly attacked.

They both started randomly swinging their swords, missing every time. But then Steve finally hit Tyler, and he was down to one heart. He climbed to the top of the Cornucopia. He couldn't get hit again. He had to find a healing potion.

I decided that this was the longest final-two battle in the history of the Minecraft Hunger Games.

At the top of the Cornucopia, Tyler was too high for Steve to hit him. He went into crouch mode and reached over the side and into the horn. He opened a random chest and found a potion of healing. Perfect every time.

Tyler left crouch mode and put the potion of healing in his hand, ready to drink it. He raised the bottle to his mouth...

And he died.

Steve had climbed the Cornucopia and hit him too quickly.

Sammy fired a cannon and Tyler's face appeared in the sky. Music began playing and a large 8 block by 8 block hole formed in the arena. A bridge of emeralds appeared and Steve walked proudly across. He couldn't believe it.

Steve had won the 88th Annual Minecraft Hunger Games.

_____________________________

Hey, so that's all of the Games! There will only be one more chapter, which will end with a HUGE cliffhanger. Unfortunately, the last chapter will be VERY short.

Also, PLEASE remember to vote. People write good comments on my story, but they always forget to vote for it. If you haven't voted for a chapter you like, PLEASE go back and do it now. Remember to vote! Thank you!

Comment, VOTE, and follow!

-Cole