Chapter 12: We Have Our Victor!

Steve Ickoe's POV

When I walked through that hole in the arena, all I could see we're fans. Just fans. There were hundreds of 'em, waving their hands and chanting my name excitedly. The Games were finally over, and all I could think about was that I had become a victor, I had actually won the 88th Annual Minecraft Hunger Games.

As I was taken back home- to my new home, actually- all I could think about was how proud my family would be when they saw me.

Finally, the train stopped at the station in my city. I leapt out of the train and ran to my new home in the Victors' Village on sprint mode. They had built another house during the Games, just like they do every year. I found the one that wasn't here before the Games, or the very last house on the right. There was also a sign with my name on it.

I ran inside and found my family standing at the door, ready for my arrival. The footage of my homecoming was on on our new TV. As soon as they saw me, their faces lit up and they all rushed forward reaching for a hug at the same time.

"Steve!" exclaimed my dad.

"Dad!" I said excitedly.

"Woo! Cewebwate!" yelled my little brother, Jordan, happily.

"Yeah, celebrate!" I agreed loudly.

Jordan and I started dancing around the room singing, "Steve is the champion!". I thought my parents would want to join too, but they just gazed at each other with concerned faces.

"What?" I asked, confused.

Mom sighed. "They just made an announcement," she said, he voice cracking. "They said that the 88 victors from the history of the Minecraft Hunger Games will have to face-off in another Games." Then she burst into tears, so my dad finished.

"You're going back into the arena."

END OF BOOK ONE

Hey, so that's it. I'm thinking about writing a sequel. I will when either this book reaches 1k reads or when five people say in the comments below that they want me to write it.

Hope you enjoyed the story!

Vote, comment, and follow!

-Cole