Chapter 7: This Challenge Will Blow Your Mind (Day 2)

Dornic Usher trudged along the empty desert with nothing to do. He had collected no supplies from the Cornucopia because he was too scared. Then has had gotten lost. In the desert. With no supplies. And he couldn't find his way back. So now he was stuck working with just sand and cacti, neither of which were much use. If someone tried to attack him, he could place cacti in front of him and they would run into it, but someone would have to find him first, and Dornic doubted that anyone would get as lost as him. He couldn't build a house, because he wouldn't be able to make a ceiling because sand decides to actually obey gravity, and cacti have to be placed on top of sand, so it's a loss-loss.

Dornic wondered when the first challenge was gonna take place. Each day usually consisted of a challenge beginning with day 2 and ending with day 5. Dornic wondered what it would be and who it would kill.

Speaking of deaths, Dornic remembered the names and faces of the dead tributes appearing in the sky the night before. He remembered the names were Kaden Ticky and Joe Baker. Then their faces. Their faces were the same, so they probably didn't have any skins. Or they had the same skins.

Dornic looked ahead of him and noticed smoke. Huh, he thought. What could that be?

He looked closer and realized what was happening. Oh no, not this, he thought. Anything but this.

After an easy minute, he still couldn't believe his eyes. The ground was exploding! The ground was actually exploding! And lava was appearing under where the ground used to be! He had to find a tree fast! But there are no trees in the desert...

Dornic sprinted as fast as he could in the direction he thought he came from. There were trees there. In fact, there was a whole forest to hop around on.

Dornic had no chance, and he knew it. He knew he would die. He knew he would nevermake it in time. But still, he had to try.

He looked behind him and saw the explosions had caught up to him. Suddenly, he was launched into the air from an explosion right below him. He looked around and saw only lava, meaning he had no chance.

And sure enough, Dornic plummeted into the lava.

****************************************

Justin Toiler sat up in his tree. The whole ground had exploded! He saw explosions everywhere, so he went into a tree and watched as the ground disappeared, being replaced by lava. Finally, the explosions had stopped and there was no ground left in the arena. Everyone was left hopping around in the trees, hoping they don't fall.

Once the explosions had stopped, six cannons fired, signaling six dead tributes. Justin wondered who they were, but he knew he would find out when the names and faces appeared in the sky that night.

Justin had nothing to do. All there was to do was to sit there. He could go hunting for tributes, but he didn't feel like it. He didn't have any food, so if he did, his food bar might run out and he would be doomed. So he decided to wait for them to come to him.

Justin looked around him. No tributes. Maybe he would have a peaceful night after all, and he was expecting the opposite of that.

The sun set, but you wouldn't be able to tell because of the lava's light. You would have to look up into the sky.

Some of Minecraft's music came on. The names and faces of the tributes who had died that day appeared in the sky. First, John Minnose, then Jack Steven, Chloe Climton, Andrew Uno, Dornic Usher, and Rob Steven. Sixteen tributes left.

Justin was proud of himself for making it this far. He thought he would die on the first challenge. Especially one of this difficulty. But he knew he shouldn't get his hopes up, Because he knew he could still die any day. In the Minecraft Hunger Games, there was a challenge on day two, three, four, and five, getting harder each day. And that first challenge seemed pretty dang hard to him, so he couldn't imagine how hard the other challenges would be.

Justin decided to just wait and see. Meanwhile, he needed some supplies!

Justin jumped off his tree to the ground so he could go to the Cornucopia.

But it was too late when he remembered there was no ground anymore.

_____________________________

A/N

Hey guys. Still short chapters! So sorry! But I PROMISE they are getting longer. And better. Much better.

Quiz time:

What is the name of District 13's president?

Post your answers in the comment section. The first person to answer correctly gets a dedication!

Vote, comment, and follow!

-Cole