Chapter 5: Not Ready

A/N

HEY ITS TIME FOR THE GAMES!!!!! THEY START IN THIS CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, they don't start until near the end of the chapter.

Why am i making u read this? Im so evil!!! Just enjoy the story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Cole

_____________________________________________________________________________

Al Moninto didn't want to go. None of the tributes did. But of course, they had to. How cruel, Al thought, and he wasn't vey different from the other tributes.

You can't make a hovercraft in Minecraft, so they just made a path through the sky made of leading to the arena. They ate on the way.

"So," said his helper for before the games. "What's your plan?"

"I don't think I'll go to the Cornucopia," Al replied. "I'll probably run off as soon as the jukebox-" (that's the gong because it's Minecraft) "-sounds. I'll watch till everyone moves out, then go get some of the remaining supplies at the Cornucopia."

His helper nodded. "You better hope they don't take everything!" he said.

"Don't worry, I don't think they will," Al assured him, shaking his head and laughing.

Al looked forward and noticed that the ladder down was right in front of him. That was quick, he thought.

Al climbed down and found himself in a dark tunnel. He followed the tunnel and found himself in a room made with all iron blocks. There was a sign that said, "Wait here, and when the lava touches the netherack, go through the door and wait there." And sure enough, there was a glass tube with lava that was slowly making its way down. There was netherack at the bottom.

Al noticed a chest and decided to see what was in it. Hopefully something to help him in the Games. He opened it hopefully, but unfortunately there wasn't anything amazing, just food. But he was still a little hungry, so he ate a piece of cooked steak.

He looked over to the lava and saw that it was only 5 blocks above the netherack. That wasn't much time.

Al watched the lava slowly reach the bottom, then pressed the button above the iron door and stepped through. He was in a dark tube going up with no way out, since there was no button on the inside.

Al waited for about 15 seconds, then the tube started moving up. When he was close to the top, the top opened and light burst into the tube. It stopped, and he was left standing on an iron block. If he stepped off, TNT would explode under him and he would die.

"Welcome to the 88th Annual Minecraft Hunger Games!" the voice of Sammy Jay boomed. "Wait until the jukebox sounds, then you can get off your platform and the Games will begin! The jukebox will sound in 60 seconds. Happy Minecraft Hunger Games, and may the odds be ever in your favor!"

60 seconds until the games of death. Well, at least Al had a plan.

Al looked around at the other tributes, trying to figure out which ones actually had a chance. But it was Minecraft, so, of course, looks meant absolutely nothing.

Then, suddenly, the jukebox started playing when Al wasn't paying attention.

As soon as he realized that the jukebox had sounded, Al ran off into the woods as fast as he could.

_____________________________

A/N

Short chapter. *Sighs* But at least the other chapters are longer. Don't worry.

Okay, you can read the next chapter now! I won't be evil anymore!! Maybe...

Vote, comment, and follow!

-Cole