4. Chapter - The Coffee

I groaned and rolled over to the edge of the bed

I groaned and rolled over to the edge of the bed. I was so fucking tired from yesterday night that just the imagination of the work awaiting me in our Boston office was killing me. Sitting up, I was just about to get out of the bed when the door to the bedroom burst open, and Nelson barged in, smiling like an idiot. If it wasn't for the two cups of coffee he was holding, I would have thrown him out without as much as looking at him. How he got into my room so easily even though I was sure as hell I looked it was beyond me.

"Rise and shine, princess!" he yelled, a piercing pain stabbing in my head. Who in their right mind yelled like this so early in the morning? Looking at him with murder in eyes, grinding my teeth and trying to restrain myself from killing my best friend, I slowly rose up, scowling. Sometimes he was so fucking unbearable I was wondering how the hell did our friendship survive for such a long time. I was either a huge idiot or friendships were supposed to be like this, full of annoyance and irritation. Who knew.

"Don't look at me like that. I wasn't the one who made you stay in the club for so long." Smirking, he raised his eyebrows daring me to argue.

"Was it at least worth it?" he asked and placed one of the cups on the bedside table, sitting in a chair across the room. He was wearing one of his less formal suits, and it always surprised me how he managed to pull it off in front of my father and our business partners. If I came to work wearing that, I wouldn't hear the end of it for the rest of my life.

"I saw you taking this young, browned-haired boy to the VIP area. Was he even legal, Vic? He looked like 17 or something. You know you should be careful with this. People are insidious. You never know what they will do for money, and if the guy knew you from somewhere he could threaten you," he said, making me even more irritated as I remembered last night.

Of course, Nelson was right. The boy was young, and although he said he was 22, I wasn't really sure he was telling the truth. Not that it mattered to me at that time. I wanted to get laid, and he was just my type; shorter than me, sandy brown hair, blue-green eyes, and cute smile. It took a few drinks and a couple of hours dancing and chatting before he agreed to go to the VIP section with me. Based on his performance in bed, though, I didn't understand why he made such a fuss before agreeing. He was definitely not an innocent virgin boy. Far from it.

"Oh shut up, it was your idea in the first place," I said and got out of the bed. Going right for the bathroom, so I could wash off the evidence of last night events, I ignored his annoying blabber. He could keep on ranting for hours, and that was the last thing I needed so soon in the morning.

Letting the hot water hit my skin, I couldn't stop the moan from escaping my lips. It felt like heaven, and the day suddenly seemed much better.

*****

"This coffee is disgusting, where did you buy it again?" I asked after we got out of the hotel, looking at my friend with a horrified expression. The liquid in the cup reminded me of dirty water, it had nothing to do with the drink one would expect when buying coffee. I threw the offending item into the nearest trash bin and continued towards the parking area where my rented car was.