6. Chapter - Killer Cake

Nelson was taking too long

Nelson was taking too long. He went to check out the coffee shop Delilah recommended to us yesterday and fetch us some coffee and breakfast on the way. But an hour and some already passed, and he was still not back. Based on Delilah's explanation, the Café was just a few-minute-walk from here, so he was supposed to be back already. I was fucking addicted to my morning coffee, and being left high and dry like this, and to top it off in the morning right before my job, was making me irritated more and more with each extra minute passing by. The worst of all was that fucking Nelson knew this, so he better had a good reason for his delay.

I was just pulling out my mobile phone, ready to call him and chew him out, when he appeared in the doorway, a cup of coffee in one hand, a small paper bag in the other, and a stupid smile plastered on his face. My irritation got even worse after seeing that face.

"Where the hell were you for so long, you fucker?" I growled, just barely suppressing the urge to slam my fist on the table. If he was going to be so late, he should have let Delilah take care of it as she wanted to. But it wouldn't be Nels if he didn't decide he had to see the miraculous shop himself and fetch it himself.

"Calm down, bear. I just met some old friends by chance, and we kind of forgot about the time when we were chatting. Don't be mad, I bought you something special as a compensation for the wait. You'll love it!" He placed the coffee and the bag in front of me as if it was some kind of a treasure, and sat down in one of the chairs placed in front of my working desk, looking at me with a smug expression on his face. He was just asking to be punched.

"Do you seriously think you are going to buy me with sweets? And don't call me a bear or I will kill you. I don't look like a fucking bear!"

I was sick and tired of this nickname! There was not even a reason for him to call me that. There was no story behind it which would explain the nickname. Not to mention I sure as hell didn't look like one. I was tall and muscular, yes, but I wasn't unusually big, not to mention hairy. Jesus! If I didn't know he was capable and successful at his work, I would wonder how he managed to get into his position without help from one of the higher-ups. He came across as stupid and irresponsible, definitely not material for a CFO. Behaving recklessly, at times worse than a kid, wasn't a trait typical for a grown-up man with such a good position.

"But you look like one with your all-time-present frown and grumbling when you are angry or pissed off. Just like a bear. You know what? Drink the coffee and eat something before we will get into this conversation. You are just low on sugar right now that's why you are so angry. Get your dose and calm down." Smiling, he leaned against the headrest and closed his eyes.

Clenching my fists, the need to punch him was stronger than ever before, but he was right. Which drove me mad even more. Snatching the coffee with too much a force and spilling some on the table, I hissed at the wasted pick-me-up drink. Taking a sip, I had to moan at the liquid sugary taste the coffee provided. It was as delicious as yesterday. Drinking almost half of it, I placed it back on the table and grabbed the brown bag to see the miracle he took such a long time to bring.